3aaaash il V10!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Im surprised the M5 with high flow cats did that well v.s the M6 with no cats. I would think the cats would make a huge diff.

·
2,149 Posts
Im surprised the M5 with high flow cats did that well v.s the M6 with no cats. I would think the cats would make a huge diff.
I think it comes down to two things in this race... The M5 has high flow cats which might take a away from a little power..
The M6 has stock primaries that are de-catted which isnt making as much power as the M5's agency power headers.

So i think these two things contribute to the race being so close even tho the mods are different.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
From what I've heard, and George, please tell me if I am wrong but the agency power headers are crap.
There is a passenger in the M6 which would make an apparent difference unless I am interpreting the post incorrectly.

Pretty hard to tell actually what is going on.
Bill

·
2,149 Posts
From what I've heard, and George, please tell me if I am wrong but the agency power headers are crap.
There is a passenger in the M6 which would make an apparent difference unless I am interpreting the post incorrectly.

Pretty hard to tell actually what is going on.
Bill
Yea, i mean they aren't the highest and best regarded headers imho and they are better options for full headers like evolve tubular and super sprint.. But the primaries are bigger then stock with less bends/crush sections, so that area is making more power then the OEM primaries. Im not a fan of the AP collector aswell. But its safe to say power wise AP>oem headers, even de-catted.
The passenger can also make a difference, on a roll less then a slow roll or stop, but non the less a difference..

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I think it comes down to two things in this race... The M5 has high flow cats which might take a away from a little power..
The M6 has stock primaries that are de-catted which isnt making as much power as the M5's agency power headers.

So i think these two things contribute to the race being so close even tho the mods are different.
I thought its been proven stock cats with primaries removed make the same power as aftermarket catless headers.

·
2,149 Posts
I thought its been proven stock cats with primaries removed make the same power as aftermarket catless headers.
Absolutely not... Evolve has consistently made more power with their tubular headers then with their stock headers minus the cat.
The stock headers primarys have alot of bends, crushed section and small diameter. After freeing up power from the oem cat, this is the next source of power from the headers.

Take a look of a comparison here of the oem primaries vs evolve tubular headers primaries..
Evolve headers have a slightly larger diameter primaries, and retain this size throughout. On top of having no crush section or extreme bends like the oem primaries.. On the OEM headers, before reaching the collector, the oem primaries are crush almost flat! The evolve headers have a beautiful f1 type collector that hold their diameter.

BimmerBoost - Why S85 Tubular Headers Work

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Are there any dyno's comparing how much more HP you get from gutted primaries v.s. full headers. I see the comparison of stock headers but not decatted.

·
Registered
549 Posts
you can say there is a difference between 15 hp !

and very noticeable in higher rpms !

I can say it becouse i have driven both !

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you can say there is a difference between 15 hp !

and very noticeable in higher rpms !

I can say it becouse i have driven both !
i can tell what is happening in the real world with my AP headers ( oem 30mm AP 40mm pipe diameter)

When we roll 100 km\h the modified oem headers will pull for two cars then i will start pulling again

On 120 km\h i will pull right away

The oem acts better in low speeds and first gears and he is keeping the F1 sound

For me i lost the low end and i lost 50% fro F1 sound

It depends on the driver and what he want

Reactions: 5soko

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hmmmm so decat is around $1k when proper headers are around $5k diff is around 15hp only top end. I think i'll stick with my decat for now esp if you lose low end gains with full length headers b/c that is where our cars need the power.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Company Representative for evolve automotive
852 Posts
Hmmmm so decat is around $1k when proper headers are around $5k diff is around 15hp only top end. I think i'll stick with my decat for now esp if you lose low end gains with full length headers b/c that is where our cars need the power.
There is no loss of power or torque with our headers. Low end torque and HP gains are significant and can be felt when driving the car.

·
Company Representative for evolve automotive
852 Posts
There is no loss of power or torque with our headers at any point in the rev range. Low end torque and HP gains are significant and can be felt when driving the car. Also the price of our headers is less than $4k for board members.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts