BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My M5 has safely survived the trip to the land down under, and is even better than I remember it! Pics to come shortly!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Wonderful !

I feel your sense of euphoria M8....:cheers:

All the best with M ownership and welcome to the most dynamic car community on the net !

Look forward to your pics. and updates.

Cheers

Erik

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Erik, thanks. I was so worried when I dropped it off at the port in Virginia that it wouldn't show up in the same condition. I am so glad it made it, as I have not driven it since October, when I moved out to Oz.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Erik, thanks. I was so worried when I dropped it off at the port in Virginia that it wouldn't show up in the same condition. I am so glad it made it, as I have not driven it since October, when I moved out to Oz.

...same here !

When I dropped my car off with the shippers in London it was Hail Mary's and Our Fathers all the way.

They were very professional and that was a bit reassuring...but you never know with these things.

My car landed in Nigeria in the same wonderful condition that I left it in.....had to ship it in a container though which cost a bomb...but it was worth every hard earned penny :M5thumbs:.

Hope to see some pics of your beauty soon ( please don't ask...haven't had enough time to detail mine and take good pics either :sad1: ).

Cheers

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Can't be too many M5s in the Northern Territories :3:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Not too many in Australia, so I reckon you are right Ashok.

Tell me Herb - how do you go registering it given that it is no doubt a LHD?

Cheers
David

Can't be too many M5s in the Northern Territories :3:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David, because I am US Military working in Australia, our vehicles are able to be imported, but it must leave when we leave. Herb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts