BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena. Silver/red, shields, power daytonas, tubi.

The M5 is in the shop at the moment. It's at 96K and decided it was time for a refresh. New clutch/flywheel, SSK with DSSR, F10 knob, PSS9s and full suspension rebuild/replacement, rotors, pads, calipers, all bushings, intake, exhaust, tune, all fluids and basic maintenance stuff - senors, plugs, seat cables, etc. Easy 15K worth of parts/work. She's a keeper.

As for the Fcar - Mods waiting to go on:

- Fabspeed headers
- Fabspeed Kevlar heat blankets
- Test pipes
- Nitto NT01 tires
- Challenge Stradale TCU
- LI Laser jammers and V1 hardwired

Will be sent in when I pick up the BMW next week! Some pics:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Congrats! Having a stable mate that's completely different than the M5 is an awesome experience and that 360 looks great.

Reactions: rcnsc

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Nice looking car :)

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT OWN AN M5 AND THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ARROGANT. PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT REVISED DISCLAIMER THAT APPLIES TO THIS POST

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
35K miles. Bought from a friend and intended to be a driver. Once the mods are done we are heading up to the Dragon (US129) mid May. Nice 1500+ Mile round trip.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice 360, they sound great under full throttle.

Do you mind elaborating what exactly you're replacing in your suspension besides the springs/shocks? My car recently hit 97k, I have a set of KW V2s waiting to be installed and I want to do a refresh while the mechanics are in there. So far I've replaced front and rear control arms, thrust arm bushings with X5's, and upgrade to a Dinan rear sway bar. All within 50-75k. I'm interested to see what you're doing since our cars are close to the same age.

·
Registered
265 Posts
35K miles. Bought from a friend and intended to be a driver. Once the mods are done we are heading up to the Dragon (US129) mid May. Nice 1500+ Mile round trip.
NICE! Looks mint!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice 360, they sound great under full throttle.

Do you mind elaborating what exactly you're replacing in your suspension besides the springs/shocks? My car recently hit 97k, I have a set of KW V2s waiting to be installed and I want to do a refresh while the mechanics are in there. So far I've replaced front and rear control arms, thrust arm bushings with X5's, and upgrade to a Dinan rear sway bar. All within 50-75k. I'm interested to see what you're doing since our cars are close to the same age.
Pretty much everything... They just keep calling with suggestions and I keep saying yes - LOL. I don't even remember the details at this point - I have basically three "car things" going on at once between the Datsun, buying the Ferrari and all the M5 work. They are setting the ride height and corner balancing/aligning everything today. Like everything suspension/brakes related is new, down to the SS lines, fluid, etc. It should really feel fantastic since most everything I'm sure is damn near 100K miles. It's going to be like a brand new M5 hopefully.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Magnificent looking car!!!

You now have a car to get you to the store to buy all your M5 parts!!!hiha

The good thing about the F car is you will start thinking that maintenance and upgrades on the M5 is cheap!:biggrinbounce::15:

BTW, make sure you post a sound clip after the exhaust work, it will be awesome.

If you are not yet a member of Fchat, sign up. Lots of knowledge and advice.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh wow, I'm pretty jealous. That's a pair of cars that anyone would envy! Nice choices, you have excellent taste.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Awesome man congrats!! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
I think the 360, and ferrari 550 were some of the most naturally beautiful cars ever built (along with a lot of cars during that time)...congrats!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had a little get together at the airport today and stretched her legs a bit. I thought my 22 to 18 powerslide and subsequent WOT runway pull was magnificent. Tampa aviation authority did not.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts