BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I guess i should be banned from the beach! And some people are just A-HOLES!!! The story goes like this, I went out to party last night on south beach and i valeted in front of the club. Instinctively i kept my key because i do not want the valet drivers constantly moving my car back and forth and potentially damaging it. I take extreme care when valeting my vehicle so i do not have a moron hit it (so far im 0-2). After a long night of partying i come out to find my drivers side rear view mirror hanging by the wires. I immediatley yell out a four letter word that begins with f and ends with k, Over the course of a few minutes i repeated this word many many times each time progressively louder. :mad: I am enraged at this point but there is nothing i can do, nobody saw anything and valet is not responsible so im stuck between a rock and a hard place. It killed me to cut the wires on the mirror but i had to do it, i had to drive home and could not drive with the mirror hanging. All i can say its incredible how someone can do such a thing and just continue on his or her mary way and not care. If this sounds familiar its because i already had a bad experience the last time i went partying. http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107284

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
It hurts just reading about it! I feel for you man.
Does the club possibly have outside surveillance cameras? You might be able to capture the perpetrators on film...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Geez, You and these after party-shocks. So did you go to BMW yet to get a price on the mirrors?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sucks.

Did you have them folded up? If so, it was likely deliberate.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If the valets drove the car and parked it in their area, wouldn't it be their responsibility?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The club unfortunatley does not have cameras outside. The valet guy never moved the vehicle because i had specifically asked to keep the key. I think my biggest mistake was not having the mirrors folded up, Although there is absolutely no damage anywhere on the vehicle including the mirror itself. This makes me wonder if another car hit it i would surely have a scratch or ding somewhere on the mirror or the car but there is nothing. One of the girls that was with me last night told me that one of her friends cars had the same thing happened to him. His car got the mirror kicked off by some guy on a motorcycle, If that is the case what pleasure is there in doing this??? It just makes me sick.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Mybe you need to choose a different club.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't know what clubs you go to, but here in Los Angeles I think parking my car directly outside of a busy club is probably more foolish than letting the valet park it out of direct sight. A large group of intoxicated individuals around a nice vehicle isn't a good combination.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know what clubs you go to, but here in Los Angeles I think parking my car directly outside of a busy club is probably more foolish than letting the valet park it out of direct sight. A large group of intoxicated individuals around a nice vehicle isn't a good combination.
I agree 100% i took a vow to never leave my vehicle in valet again. The sad part is valeting in front of night clubs is so expensive in some clubs as much as $100 bucks and i would justify it because i thought my vehicle would be safer.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Im sorry man...I feel for you. Don't worry brother, what goes around comes around...I'm a strong beleiver in carma.. good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
that sucks Walter, from the looks of things it looks like a drunk a-hole ripped it off or kicked it. it would've had scratches if it was another car.

damn drunks with envy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Knocked the mirror of my car in garage, my fault

Was in a hurry and knocked mirror off my car on garage wall edge (now I always fold them when parking, to remind me to give them space). I duck taped the mirror and drove to my friend's body shop. $800 total for mirror and paint job!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Painful. People suck man, sorry!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

man.. why park your car outside the club? ever look at the light colored bentlys/lambos parked outside of mansion with people leaning all over it and finger prints all over it. 100s of people leave all f*ckd up and walk thru the parked cars. If there's no damage it was probably a drunk idiot. Idk where u went but there's a parking garage on washington & 16th around the corner same side as the clubs

Do your car a favor and park in a parking garage

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

man.. why park your car outside the club? ever look at the light colored bentlys/lambos parked outside of mansion with people leaning all over it and finger prints all over it. 100s of people leave all f*ckd up and walk thru the parked cars. If there's no damage it was probably a drunk idiot. Idk where u went but there's a parking garage on washington & 16th around the corner same side as the clubs

Do your car a favor and park in a parking garage
You are absolutely correct! I parked in front of suite on 13th and washington which is where i went. I always see the people leaning all over the cars and i should've known better but i actually thought the car would be safer there. Plus it feels good pulling up to the front of a packed club with a nice car and just walking right in. But those days are now over for me, I will be parking in garages from now on. It ends up being cheaper and i dont have to worry about my car. The other night i spent $50 to valet plus what i spent in the club and now i have to pay $455 for a new mirror plus paint (original price was $670 so i got lucky). So moral of the story dont park your nice ride in front of a club, and a expensive lesson learned for me.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
You are absolutely correct! I parked in front of suite on 13th and washington which is where i went. I always see the people leaning all over the cars and i should've known better but i actually thought the car would be safer there. Plus it feels good pulling up to the front of a packed club with a nice car and just walking right in. But those days are now over for me, I will be parking in garages from now on. It ends up being cheaper and i dont have to worry about my car. The other night i spent $50 to valet plus what i spent in the club and now i have to pay $455 for a new mirror plus paint (original price was $670 so i got lucky). So moral of the story dont park your nice ride in front of a club, and a expensive lesson learned for me.
the garage is on 16th and washington. if the club is on your right, then make a right on 16th and the parking garage is on your left.

i was suprised that people were valeting their lambos and bentlys in front. they deserve to get their mirror knocked off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts