BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ya.....BOOM

I was having a nice vacation in Vegas when i got a call from my little bro.
Seems he was driving down the highway, let up on the gas and heard a little pop. Car died and coolant and oil on the road. a nice guy picked up the car, took it to a parking lot where Roadside came and towed it to the dealer.

Well, today we took off the splashguard and Wrist pins and connecting rods fell out. Two holes in the block (one on either side) and cracked tranny housing.
Its now in the hands of my BMW CPO. Hopefully they will cover it. I dont see why they wouldn't. All the motor is stock, intakes and all. I guess we'll wait and see. The car was for sale. Im glad this happened to me and not a buyer.

The car was running hotter than normal, and right before the explosion, the check coolant level light came on. Could've been headgasket? Crank case ventilation valve???

As far as i know, it wasn't driver error. There were no faults stored in the DME. The car wasn't over revved because there was no shift involved. It happened just as he took his foot of the gas. :confused:

Pretty wierd.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Good luck getting it replaced under warranty.

They may try to claim abuse like they're trying with my clutch. :rolleyes:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
The all important Good Thing: everybody is ok.

I do hope BMW N/A doesn´t try anything stupid regarding the warranty.
Very big advantage the DME readout was without bad remarks.

David

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Josh,

holy crap man..i almost had a heart attack, untill i saw the "the silver one" note...

As for the car, I know how you feel man....i know 100%. When i spun the crank bearings (i know its not nearly as bad) it was like death had warmed over me.

As for Vegas...man, ya never called!? WTH? Im out here now...just chill'n in my crappy little place till my house closes.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Holy moly Josh, that stinks. I'm sure everything will come out OK with CPO, let us know what The Man says. Hey, good thing you have a "spare" M5.

Enjoy your stay in Vegas! :byebye:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rob,
sorry man, I was chillin real hard with my lady for those few days lovelove

Elevens,
Well, we will see this week probably. Hopefully "the man" doesnt try to pull a fast one on me. I've owned four 5 series, and plan on owning more. It would really suck to have the company of my favorite car try some BS. I will definatly keep you guys posted.

josh.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Sorry for the mis-fortune:sad1: , hope that CPO covers the damage. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
josh,

no worries man...i know how it is to get sometime to just want to relax with those that are closest to you. Hope it went well and that zhit with the car goes well tooo

·
Registered
597 Posts
phillym5 said:
The car was for sale. Im glad this happened to me and not a buyer.
Phil,

I have enjoyed your posts for sometime now and I have lived through your cars! One day (soon) I will have one to tell my own stories about. I am so sorry for what has happened to you with both M5's. It is almost unbelievable that you could have such luck.

I also have to say, you should be careful making statement like the quoted one above. People might start to think skaters are good guys!! hehe Truthfully, I think that statement really shows your integrity and I would be happy to buy a used car from you! Maybe you will have something for sale when I start looking in Jan 06...

Take care man.

Buzzed :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts