BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M5 Get Keyless system

BMW have just included the keyless system as an optional extra on UK spec M5's, it is described as 'Comfort Opening' . Unfortunately it is too late for me, as my car is awaiting my collection (1st Sept). Incidently the system can not be retro fitted. The price as I recall is around the £600-£700 region, but full details are on the BMW GB web site. :7:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Re: M5 Get Keyless system

Is Comfort Opening the same as Comfort Access?

·
Registered
76 Posts

bmwnewm5 said:
BMW have just included the keyless system as an optional extra on UK spec M5's, it is described as 'Comfort Opening' . Unfortunately it is too late for me, as my car is awaiting my collection (1st Sept). Incidently the system can not be retro fitted. The price as I recall is around the £600-£700 region, but full details are on the BMW GB web site. :7:
Could u please post the direct link from the BMW website?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ashok Arora said:
Is Comfort Opening the same as Comfort Access?
Ashok, yes I should have stated 'Comfort Access', but I was relying on the old grey matter rather than referring to the options list. But you are right it is called Comfort Access. ouich

·
Registered
101 Posts

When you exit the car and walk away does the car automatically lock ? Or do you need to push a button on the remote to lock it ? If the latter is true, I dont see much advantage of the system.

·
Registered
110 Posts

My understanding is that there is a little button above each exterior door handle, that when you touch will lock the car. The part of me that loves gadgets really wanted to get it, but there were enough comments about people having technical problems with this technology, that I skipped it with my order. People's posts were pretty mixed. In general, it seemed that most people like the idea, people thought the price was too high, people who had no problems with it loved it, and that people who had to take it into the shop for problems, or who had problems unlocking their car were really pissed.

-D

BMW_Addiction said:
When you exit the car and walk away does the car automatically lock ? Or do you need to push a button on the remote to lock it ? If the latter is true, I dont see much advantage of the system.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Already heard that M5 will get a startbutton in next years model.

As for the locking of doors, in the present M5 there's an option that allows you to let the car lock itself after a specific amount of time. I have no clue how long it takes but you shouldn't leave your keys in the car [when they are in the ignition the car will probably not lock].

1 - 8 of 8 Posts