BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this rotor and pad setup from a forum member under the assumption that it was OEM as thats what these were sold me as.

When I received them, I noticed the blue pad backing and silver shims and realized these werent certainly not OEM.

I had no choice to install since I was literally out of pad material.

He was kind enough to refund me half the money and told me to keep the setup.

Problem is I do not know who makes the rotors or pads. There is no indication of who makes them, if anyone knows please let me know!

In any case I am just trying to recoup what I spent on these to be fair to the community. $80 plus actual shipping costs takes these or $40 each for the rotors and pads. Local pick up is preferred.

As for how much is left, well I would estimate about 80%+

My digital caliper is broken, but you can see plenty of pad left and no lip on the rotor.

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked over the rotor briefly to find markings. Im guessing its somewhere under the surface rust.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Those look like cool carbon pads which are a very nice and expensive set about double the cost of oem. The rotors if I had to guess are stop tech.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have a brand new set of stop techs in my storage waiting to be installed.. i'll compare them to yours later when i get home. they look similar though, then again they also look like oem rotors. the pads *could* be EBC Bluestuff.. I know they have that same blue backing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts