BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my M5 this past march the m5 mats where not incl. just the oem BMW ones where so I purchased them that day @ the parts dept. now i keep hearing on the board that the M5 are supposed to come with it? can someone please fill me in beacause i spent quite a bit on them..:grrrr:

·
Registered
138 Posts
guys how can I prove the M5 mats are supposed to be with the car? Window sticker? Online or brochure? Please advise before i start busting balls with my dealer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I picked up mine in Feb. my sales agent was pulling out the regular ones and opening a box from the parts department with the M5 ones. Luckily I made sure to tell her beforehand that I expected the M5 ones so there was no discussion needed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here is a direct copy from an e-mail between my SA and I back when I bought my car.

Flash: Please ensure that the car has "M" floor mats in the vehicle, not the regular BMW 5 series mats.

My SA: The "M" floor mats come with the car, no worries there.

I know it's not printed proof on BMW material, but, it just confirms that they are supposed to be with the car.

-F

·
Registered
368 Posts
could someone take a quick pic of these mats, and maybe Ashok, do you know if the same applies to the uk with regard to standard fitment?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought my car in January. Came with standard black BMW mats. I called my SA and he told me it must have been a mistake at the port of entry where there is a rack of items to be included in the car. He apologized and told me to come by the dealership where they gave me new M5 mats. Also let me keep the old ones....

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also noticed this 'error' when I took delivery of my '08. I was told that the M5 mats are OPTIONAL starting '08. Therefore all M5s will come with the standard "BMW" logo mats for model year 2008 and above. (Luckily, I kept my Dinan mats and used those instead of the ordinary/plain stock BMW mats).

·
Registered
994 Posts
I also noticed this 'error' when I took delivery of my '08. I was told that the M5 mats are OPTIONAL starting '08. Therefore all M5s will come with the standard "BMW" logo mats for model year 2008 and above. (Luckily, I kept my Dinan mats and used those instead of the ordinary/plain stock BMW mats).
That's a crock of s*it. No difference for 08's. Your slimy SA has likely fitted them to his 528i.

Mine tried the same but after a week I called up rather unhappy and he swapped them out free of charge.

I took pics two days ago thinking a thread like this may come up but can't find the stupid connector that syncs up my camera with my MacbookPro.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
That's a crock of s*it. No difference for 08's. Your slimy SA has likely fitted them to his 528i.

Mine tried the same but after a week I called up rather unhappy and he swapped them out free of charge.

I took pics two days ago thinking a thread like this may come up but can't find the stupid connector that syncs up my camera with my MacbookPro.

+1. At best dealer mis-information but more likely a flat out lie.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My salesman was surprised to see that the car came with the regular mats in the trunk. After I complained about it, he looked into the matter and the sales manager confirmed to me that they don't come with M mats anymore. I really don't think he was lying to me. I also confirmed this with another sales manager at another dealer. Either way, I personally believe that the salesman should swap it out for you by "buying" it at cost from the parts department. It's just a service they should provide for a good customer and potential repeat customer. But then again, car dealers never cease to surprise me with their sometimes incomprehensible behavior.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Even with all the other sleazy things my dealer did (or tried and failed AHEM M-Mobility Kit and CD Player), he included M5 Mats. These actually look new. I got my car with 22K on the odometer.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
There are other forum threads on this topic, search on M5 mats.

Bottom line is sometime during the '07 or '08 production run, M5 logo mats went from standard equipment to optional, you pay extra or your salesman buys them at cost and "gives" them to you as part of the sale.

A customer has the most power after agreeing to purchase the vehicle and before signing on the bottom line. If you want free _____ (fill in the blank), ask for it before signing.

I negotiated a free set of wheel locks (installed), jack kit and a partial case of 10w-60 before the deal closed. Also specified no dealer logos on the contract.

Always closely inspect the car, looking for transport damage and make sure all OE items are in the car before driving off the lot. Manuals, mobility kit, mats, Nav DVD, CD cassette (if equipped), all keys and any other equipment you specified.

Transport drivers have been known to accidentally drive cars off the side of the ramps during unloading, and say nothing, hoping the buyer will leave with the vehicle before noticing the damage. Always check along the bottom edges and look for touch up paint.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I picked up my car about 3 weeks ago and didn't get the M mats. I didn't even know such existed until I opened this thread.

I'll probably just order me a set...M ones are just fronts right? Or do they have rear M5 ones too?

Does anyone use rubber mats? Are the BMW ones any good?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Ny new 08 M5 came with the regular mats. I discussed this with my dealer and they oreded me a set a M5 mats (no charge). I just got them today. They compliment the interior nicely and look very sharp next to the M5 logo on the door sills.

DB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts