BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Still have the OEM floor mats?

• Still use the OEM floor mats.

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Never had the OEM floor mats.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Replaced the OEMs with a better product.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Don't use floor mats any more.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Another serious question for us all, I couldn't help myself.

I don't know about you, but when I first picked my car up from the dealer, the floor mats were still in the trunk. To my great surprise, I look down on the carpet and see HOLES. I quickly learn that these are for the screw in type of floor mat holders we received with the car.

After four years with the M5 I am convienced these floor mats and the associated velcro screw-in type anchors are worthless on the drivers side. Mine never stays in place for very long. Yes, the anchors stay on the mat, but they pull out of the carpet way too easily.

I was thinking of replacing my mats with these way cool Coco mats that are mostly black with red inserts(they come in many colors). This compliments the interior since I have an imola red exterior. Have any of you purchased these custom made floor mats?
Perhaps you have other suggestions as well.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Take the piece that goes into the floor and twist it in real hard...Place mat on top and it should stay in place...mine do 99 percent of the time.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I have Caramel mats (to match my interior) which can easily show the dirt. To get around this, which is essential given British weather, I simply place some rubber mats (made by Cannon) on top which take all the wear & abuse, leaving the original mats clean underneath.

Here's a link:

http://www.cannondirect.co.uk/store/

:cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a set of all black Coco mats in my Imola Red 03. It has the all black sport interior and IMHO they look great. Also afford exceelnt protection in the rainy weather up here in the Northwest winters. Kept my OEM mats for show or when I sell the car. The Coco mats are extremely well made and a good investment alternative to the others I have seen. They do not move around at all.

I amlooking for an M5 trunk mat. Does anyone have a source for that item?

Spooky 1
2003 Imola Red

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Currently my m5 runs the OEM mats..but they suck...lets face it. They are over priced as well

Bavauto makes some fabulous mats...

I have UUCs mats in my m3 and im going to have the same when the car comes back from Discovery Auto

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I'm with Ashok. Rubber mats over the factory mats, keeps the dirt and loose junk on the rubber mat, a quick shake and wash and i'm good to go. Keeps the factory mats nice and clean.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spooky 1 said:
I have a set of all black Coco mats in my Imola Red 03. It has the all black sport interior and IMHO they look great. Also afford exceelnt protection in the rainy weather up here in the Northwest winters. Kept my OEM mats for show or when I sell the car. The Coco mats are extremely well made and a good investment alternative to the others I have seen. They do not move around at all.

Spooky 1
2003 Imola Red
Spooky,

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of the same mats with some red stitching to add a little color to the interior. I too have the imola red exterior with the all black luxury interior.

Ok, I have to ask, whats with the name Spooky 1?

Mark

·
Registered
45 Posts
MAH said:
Spooky,

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of the same mats with some red stitching to add a little color to the interior. I too have the imola red exterior with the all black luxury interior.

Ok, I have to ask, whats with the name Spooky 1?

Mark
Call sign during while flying F4's duirng Vietnam

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spooky 1 said:
Call sign during while flying F4's duirng Vietnam
Very cool.

Mark

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Spooky 1 said:

Spooky 1
2003 Imola Red
BMP design appears to have a logo'ed 2000-2003 M5 trunk mat. Catalog #16, Page 6, $89.95, item 140902. Verify the information before ordering.

800-648-7278

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Ronin M5 said:
BMP design appears to have a logo'ed 2000-2003 M5 trunk mat. Catalog #16, Page 6, $89.95, item 140902.
800-648-7278
The logo is a M5 logo, not a BMP logo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts