BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This is my first thread and I am so happy to find such a great forum for A GREAT CAR.

My question to you specially the members who works or can get insider information from BMW, will the M5 get a facelift? if yes the when ?

As you know the 3-series facelift did not affect the M3. So would like to know what would happen for the M5 before putting my money.

Please advise,:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Most BMW models get a facelift halfway through their lifecycle. I would expect to see the E60 facelift around 2007 or 2008. It's annoying that BMW are holding back some technology for the facelift that could & should be on the 5 series of today, e.g. brake force display :grrrr:

·
Registered
646 Posts
If history repeats then the 5 Series would be next in line for a minor face lift. Since BMW starts at the top 7, then 5, then 3. The 7 Series just got the 750i the next logical 5 Series would be the 550i. When, is anyones guess, but since we still don't even have our new M5s, I would think it would be awhile.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I expect a minor 5-series facelift in MY2007 or 2008. The M5 should participate. There probably will be other changes along the way that don't involve the exterior shape.

Tom

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So does that mean it is not the right time to spend the $150K?hmmm

If u compare this to the CLS55, MB does not often go for facelifting so frequent....

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
It's never a good time to just spend $150k, but it's always a good time to have the best super-saloon in the world. It's up to you to resolve the conflict.

BMW historically does a very minor update midway through the normal 7-year model cycle.

Tom

·
Registered
84 Posts
Saudi_M5 said:
So does that mean it is not the right time to spend the $150K?hmmm

If u compare this to the CLS55, MB does not often go for facelifting so frequent....
I struggled with this a little bit, then I said what the heck, I'm buying it! By the time the facelift happens, people like us will be thinking about the NEXT M5. As for the money, I think it's more emotion than rationale. Waiting for the facelift implies that facelift will make the car worth it all of a sudden. If they "facelift" the engine to make 600hp instead of 500, sure. But not for a few nips and tucks ;-)

$150K?!?!?!? Is this how much Naghi Motors is charging over there? Ouch!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Saudi_M5 said:
Hi All,

This is my first thread and I am so happy to find such a great forum for A GREAT CAR.

My question to you specially the members who works or can get insider information from BMW, will the M5 get a facelift? if yes the when ?

As you know the 3-series facelift did not affect the M3. So would like to know what would happen for the M5 before putting my money.

Please advise,:M5thumbs:
Hi Saudi,
The M3 didnt get the facelift in the front as it doesnt share the same fenders as the normal coupe/convertable. I take it BMW didnt think it was worth the effort to change it on the M3. As for the M5 I guess it will follow suite with the rest of the 5 Series.
Regards

George

·
Registered
776 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
If history repeats then the 5 Series would be next in line for a minor face lift. Since BMW starts at the top 7, then 5, then 3. The 7 Series just got the 750i the next logical 5 Series would be the 550i. When, is anyones guess, but since we still don't even have our new M5s, I would think it would be awhile.
LAst week there was this press release. 550i is in the 2006 modelyear, so in september!!! So is the 540i

Das V8-Triebwerk des neuen 550i hat einen Hubraum von 4.799 cm³ und leistet 270 kW/367 PS, bullige 490 Nm stehen bei 3.400 min–1 parat. In sportlichen 5,5 Sekunden erreicht der 550i in der Handschaltversion die 100 km/h-Marke, der Sprint von 80 auf 120 km/h wird im vierten Gang in gerade mal 5,2 Sekunden absolviert. Die Höchstgeschwindigkeit beträgt für Limousine und Touring 250 km/h (abgeregelt). Trotz der markanten Anhebung der Leistungsdaten blieb der Verbrauch des 550i mit 11,1 Liter/100 km (EU-Gesamt) annähernd auf dem Niveau des Vorgängers. Gleichzeitig gelang es, die Abgas-Emissionseinstufung nach den US-Kriterien von LEV auf ULEV II hochzustufen (EU4 für Europa).

KIP

·
Registered
714 Posts
most of the M products do not get the common models' facelift. minor upgrades, technologies, as well as change in supplier does appear. (E46 M3 - rear lights). E39 M5 didn't get much change during its life span.

to be honest with you i think it is too early to talk about it. a lot of people havent even receive their first cars yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Welcome to the board!

Most BMW models get a facelift halfway through their lifecycle. I would expect to see the E60 facelift around 2007 or 2008. It's annoying that BMW are holding back some technology for the facelift that could & should be on the 5 series of today, e.g. brake force display :grrrr:

Mine has brake force already, so not sure what you mean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts