BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is for the old-timers. I am expecting delivery sometime in January on my first M5. My brother has an E39 M5 as well as my cousin (on his 2nd). Wondering what type of changes/improvements to expect over the next 2-3 years?

I am usually the type to wait until the 2nd or 3rd year of a new model (yes I know the E60 non-M version is in it's 3rd year) for the car to "finalize" and get all the quirks out and finish off any type of cosmetic changes, etc...

For you old M5 owners, what type of upgrades have you experienced or seen on the E39 version, and what do you expect them to do with the current model?

Just a little nervous that maybe I should wait another year.

Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
Zonacat said:
This is for the old-timers. I am expecting delivery sometime in January on my first M5. My brother has an E39 M5 as well as my cousin (on his 2nd). Wondering what type of changes/improvements to expect over the next 2-3 years?

I am usually the type to wait until the 2nd or 3rd year of a new model (yes I know the E60 is in it's 3rd year) for the car to "finalize" and get all the quirks out and finish off any type of cosmetic changes, etc...

For you old M5 owners, what type of upgrades have you experienced or seen on the E39 version, and what do you expect them to do with the current model?

Just a little nervous that maybe I should wait another year maybe.

Thanks in advance!
BMW traditionally makes the biggest changes going from year 1 to year 2. Hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the E60 M5 has been in Europe for awhile, would the US version be considered 2nd year?



Rezf said:
BMW traditionally makes the biggest changes going from year 1 to year 2. Hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
Zonacat said:
Since the E60 M5 has been in Europe for awhile, would the US version be considered 2nd year?
No, I believe the M5 was produced in Europe as same model year (2006) as in U.S.!, perhaps the European owners can chime in! Look for major changes for model year 2007 (i.e. manual transmission)
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top