BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone can get the size of these wheels and offset.

I know the tires are just too big but trying to figure out if the wheels can fit with another set of tires.

Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
From a quick search, the F10 M5 centerbore is 72.5mm

Assuming the F10 M5 wheels are hubcentric (pretty good bet) then they will not even fit onto our hubs without first boring them out to an E39 friendly 74.1mm

To me, this is too much work however if you decide to do it, post some pics when you're done!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
front 9x19 ET 32
back 10x19 ET 34

Boring or using hubcentric spacers isnt too big a deal, the stock offsets are 20 front / 22 rear so unless my math is wrong (could be, its late and I am tired) they will be pretty close to stock. 5mm spacer in the rear and you are pretty much golden

For future reference, the below website has a lot of information for various OEM BMW wheels :) Great resource

All BMW wheel styles | BmwStyleWheels.com

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My searching skills definately needs some work.

Thanks for all suggestions!

Do I need a spacer on the fronts also? (to change the hub to 72.5) How wide can I go.

5mm on the rear, I haven't seen these with the hub conversion.

What tire size do you recommend?

The problem with this sale it's the tires, they are brand new and seller wants to sell them with the wheels.

Very complicated, but worth trying.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You could also swap your hubs/bearings with e60 versions. They bolt/press in just fine. You won't have the extra locating pins for your rotors, but they'll fit. It's how I mounted stock e65 style 95's on my 530i. Of course, you might still need spacers due to the offset, but non-adapting spacers are cheaper than adapting kinds.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The easiest and probably best-looking option? Just get two sets of the 20mm H&R 72.5mm-to-74.1mm spacers.

I recently had 19x9" front and 19x10" rear wheels on my beast (these: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/pa...19x10-avantgarde-m359-wheels-matte-black.html). The fronts were 19x9" ET18, but I used 10mm spacers, so effectively ET8. Rears were 19x10" ET25, but with 10mm spacers effective ET15. Fitment was perfect.

These are the 20mm adapter spacers: E39 20mm H&R Wheel Adapter Set To Fit E36/E46 Wheels To E39 5-series - Turner Motorsport

If the specs provided by blackxs are accurate, if you use those front and rear you'll be at ET12 front, ET14 rear - so rears basically the same as what I had, with the fronts ever-so-slightly further in. Much easier than boring the wheels to 74.1mm, changing hubs, etc.

Hope this helps!

Brian

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Bore the wheels out or put E60 hubs on your car as blackknight said.

I dont think there is enough room to put a 20mm adapter spacer on without getting that stance lowrider look with your wheels past the fender...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts