BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
The whole system runs like 8grand I think. Not 100% positive, but it is incredibly expensive.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Sounds about right for the price. An out of control price for an exhaust system.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thats because only 4 people are in their right mind to spend $8,000 on a exhaust system....

·
2,217 Posts
What is F1 mode? How do you 'enable' an exhaust mode?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
With $8grand for just the sound? I rather take 8grand to buy evo header+pulley+ecu stage II and e-race for the same price plus more hp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is my question. He showed the exuast in "Normal" startup mode, then in F1 Startup mode. Is this something enabled by the exaust? A Software mod? Any details?

·
Registered
503 Posts
a switch controls the modes

·
Registered
836 Posts
isnt f1 mode basically just activating vanos at lower rpms? i think its software enabled but can be done mechanically with switches from my understanding of what it is.

·
Registered
76 Posts
THe exhaust has butterfly valves which are activated by a switch you mount inside the car. The switch is connected to a vacuum pump which I installed next to the battery in the trunk. So in Normal mode the car pretty much sounds like stock but when you switch to F1 mode WOWW! I don't regret spending the money and to me its the best sound in the world. Neighbors think differently jeje!!:M5launch:

·
Registered
127 Posts
From all the YouTube exhaust vids I have seen I think the Kreissieg sounds best, I think that were your vids smg111. Also the "oneandonly" exhaust sounds amazing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Im pretty sure theres no software...they install a button, and when you flip it, a valve in the exhaust opens, thus creating a louder sound.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But in the vid, that is the sound of the engine moving to different RPM's in an F1 style warm-up. Curious how that happens, cause that is freakin awesome. :) Almost work the 8k to have that alone. :M5rev:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts