BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey if anyone hasn't done spartansburgh you must it is one of the greatest programs we could ask for so go...it's free.
now once you've done that would anyone be willing to PAY for a simillar experiance on the nurbugring track? let's figure out how and try to get NA or the CCA to help us organize it...we may not be able to get enough M5 owners to go so opening to other M car owners may be helpful but the idea sounds intriguing...any one agree?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Max,

Anyone can take a car on the Nurburgring. Just check their schedule for public days, of which there are many. The only problem is you'll have to dodge old VWs and even tour buses! Or you can opt for a ride in the Ring Taxi, a rollcage, big brake equiped E39 M5! Definitely better than anything at Disneyworld.

Last year, on a public day before the annual BMW Car Club High Performance Driving School (one of the chapters in Germany sponsors it and rents the entire track for 2 1/2 days) there were 4 E39 M5s on the track. One of them proved that the Armco barriers are stronger than the side of an M5. It made me sick to see it as I was waiting for delivery of my new M5 at the time. The Nurburgring is a dangerous place to try your hand at high speed driving, especially in a new M5!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Max,

Anyone can take a car on the Nurburgring. Just check their schedule for public days, of which there are many. The only problem is you'll have to dodge old VWs and even tour buses! Or you can opt for a ride in the Ring Taxi, a rollcage, big brake equiped E39 M5! Definitely better than anything at Disneyworld.

Last year, on a public day before the annual BMW Car Club High Performance Driving School (one of the chapters in Germany sponsors it and rents the entire track for 2 1/2 days) there were 4 E39 M5s on the track. One of them proved that the Armco barriers are stronger than the side of an M5. It made me sick to see it as I was waiting for delivery of my new M5 at the time. The Nurburgring is a dangerous place to try your hand at high speed driving, especially in a new M5!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
BMW CCA sponsors such an event every year. I definitely plan to attend either '01 or '02. See the Roundel for details.

I think the best way to organize such an event is through the club. Forget this M5 owner stuff, any BMW fan / club member is welcome. Remember, we owned other bimmers before our M cars.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uh thanks for the responces. i knew that the track is opent to the public and that clubs do sponsor events, but they aren't w/M5's and they aren't always w/ instructors. i was looking for a group of M owners who would pay for instructions in M cars... i thought that was different than going there and just buying laps in a rental.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts