BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a M5 on Autoscout24 and I wonder what to look for when the car has 277.000 km on the tachometer? It´s probably an 2002. I haven´t talked to the owner yet, but I´m planing to do so.

I´m a little bit interested if there are things that need to be fixed after this time. The car has soon 300.000 km on the tachometer and I think some parts are probably bad by now. First I think of the Vanos and the MAFS. If these things are changed, how big is the chances that they will be bad again and make troubles? I have heard that the MAFS are getting dirty after a while, but I will be expensive if you have to change them all the time.

I haven´t seen any pictures from the car, but I think it is Le-Mans blue metallic. I have to hear with the guy if he can take some photos for me.

What do you guys think about the price? I think it´s a good price, but the car has went a very long distance. Is it possible to do anything to the price or will he go crazy? I think it sounds fairly good if the engine and the gearbox are fine. I will keep it for a long time if I buy it, but the question is if I can live with the long distance.....

http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index/detail.asp?ts=7482681&id=oehmeeqlhgx

Hope to hear some interesting opinion from you! :wroom:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hm 277,000 km seems a bit high for a 2002 M5. Be sure to get all the documents on service history, run a check on the VIN. Ask the owner for pictures. I would pay an individual mechanic to check it out before purchasing. I know EUR 14.5K seems tempting :hihi:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
That's crazy mileage!

Make sure you get the car 100% checked out. Also make sure it's not an insurance write-off or stolen and that there's no outstanding loan on it.

Extended warranty & SatNav would be helpful too. What a bargain - is the seller really desparate or what?

B

·
0 Posts
m5.individual said:
The above link shows it as having 170,000 KM, and that the car is a '99 model (production date: 03/99). If the car is not stolen, no accidents, clean, one or two owners, dealer serviced, etc., then it looks to be a very good deal. The mileage is high, but not bad if these were mostly highway miles.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BeastPower said:
The above link shows it as having 170,000 KM, and that the car is a '99 model (production date: 03/99). If the car is not stolen, no accidents, clean, one or two owners, dealer serviced, etc., then it looks to be a very good deal. The mileage is high, but not bad if these were mostly highway miles.

Cheers, Daniel.
I just saw on this -99 that they dont sell the car to a EU-country (Nicht EU-Land). That´s very sad..... :crying:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts