BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, hello from moscow. May event of moscow unlim 500+ is coming soon, and this makes me think of another crazy project.
So i appreciate your advice and thoughts on the subject. how do you think is it possible to install the 4wd system to m5?
for example if i will change the smg to manual 6 gearbox from 530xd e60, and somehow fit it with the s85? is it anyway possible to make it work?
i think it could be absolutely crazy project and it would be the way to beat tuned rs6 :M5launch::M5launch::M5launch:

and even if ill fit the gearbox and front half shafts what will be with the electronics? does the 530 4wd system work only mechanically, or its something electronic with xdrive and stuff?

thanks for the feedback :byebye:

·
Registered
159 Posts
While I'm sure space is going to be the toughest thing.
If you could get it all to fit and bolt up right, you would probably need to
build the transfer case and have custom driveshafts bolting into some diff up front. If that could all somehow work then you could possibly run M5 halfshafts up front. This is all just a shot in the dark guess though. The system is probably very electronically controlled, but nothing some coding
might able to take care of. $$$$$$$....and lots of it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
anything is possible if you are willing to spend the time and money on it. are you dead set on keeping the V10? that is where most of the problems are going to be. mostly you are going to have space problems. the the new 550xi engine could fit.
so would a well built 535xi. i am sure with the right stuff in them you could get close to 600 hp out of them.

then again, why mess with the beast?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just get a 2011 BMW 550xi and put a good ECU remap.

Reactions: unfoundhorsepower

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Why not go high power???? grab..650 or so out of a 550 !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just get a 2011 BMW 550xi and put a good ECU remap.
thanks for your feedback!
i dont like f10, i decided to stay on e60, and v10 is good engine, i have also z4 with v10/ so im going to built 4wd on e60m5. when i get 4wd i will raise hp, this is not so big deal.
guys i really need your technics about how it will fit?
will the geabox from diesel fit to v10 engine? is it possible to leave it working mechanically, with no electrics? whats with clutch, etc.
thanks a lot

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anything is possible if you are willing to spend the time and money on it. are you dead set on keeping the V10? that is where most of the problems are going to be. mostly you are going to have space problems. the the new 550xi engine could fit.
so would a well built 535xi. i am sure with the right stuff in them you could get close to 600 hp out of them.

then again, why mess with the beast?
Thanks very much, could you detail about space problems? yes, i want to keep e60 m5 with original engine. there are lots of fast cars to buy, but its not interesting for me :byebye:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I wouldnt do it, you will only lose top end! What you need is the G-Power Stage III kit, that will destroy any RS6. You guys in Russia are doing the 0-1000 m or more, you´ll have all time in the world to leave any RS6 behind you...even though they are badass from a standstill. I would actually love to see a G-Power III against some of the supercars, it´s a car that an RS6 won´t be able to compete against, it´s just too fast for those RS6 MTM/Evotech!

·
Registered
872 Posts
thanks for your feedback!
i dont like f10, i decided to stay on e60, and v10 is good engine, i have also z4 with v10/ so im going to built 4wd on e60m5. when i get 4wd i will raise hp, this is not so big deal.
guys i really need your technics about how it will fit?
will the geabox from diesel fit to v10 engine? is it possible to leave it working mechanically, with no electrics? whats with clutch, etc.
thanks a lot
Do you have pics of this v10 z4 as I would love to see it!!!!:goldcup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts