BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

M5 e60 strut brace

10K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  cold m3 
#1 ·
Hi
At my M5 E60 i have placed the sway bars R/D and i also wanted to place a strut brace.Unfortunatelly,strut braces for M5/M6 had had only AC SCHNITZER but they have stopped their production.I emailed all acs dealers worldwide but none had any stock brace.So i decided to make one by myself with a friend that has cnc machine.I have placed it about a month at my car and i can see it works perfect.Its cost was about 600 euros because we used top quality aluminum.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
interesting. I've never seen that before.

I have the Dinan strut braces for mine.

#4 · (Edited)
It gives you better handling, Looks pretty sweet, i'd like to get one of those for my car but $600 euro's pretty steep price.

#5 ·
Not sure if these make that much of a difference for daily driving purposes, I have one in my G35 but I track that car. Also the price is pretty steep for what it actually is, maybe due to it being a one off piece, if mass produced it should come down in cost.

#6 ·
In the town obviously you won't see any difference.But when you decide to move fast at a winding road you can understand the difference.In Greece we are full of these type of roads that you can get satisfied from your M5.
About the high price i just mention it as information(in addition acs that did massive production had it 1200 euros,so i think i spend a good ammount).To design the brace we needed 2 days of working before we cut it on cnc machine.To not have any misunderstand i don't think of selling the product.

#14 ·
looks nice

but i think that it will not do any diffrence in daily driving

#16 ·
Looks like its in the way for maintenance items and adding weight to the top of the engine... How is this improving the current strut brace at all? Looks like it just attaches itself to the top of the stock brace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.