BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, This is my first post on this forum, actually second, posted same post in race stories by mistake. I have been an avid fan of the E39 since I started driving. Its always been a dream of mine to own one, and now the time has come that I can, and will. I put in my order for a E60 White on indianapolis red w/ brushed Alum in June 05. Hoping for it to arrive beginning of Sept. I was wondering about the rear spoiler option, anybody know exactly what that involves, or what it looks like, a picture would be great to see the difference. Thanks.:M5launch:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome Ashok, and the link. I was looking for anything on it, didn't know about the search feature, thanks. Opted for the white ext. color since am currently driving a Black Onyx AM DB9, and the problem with that is it likes to heat the cabin up to ridiculous temperatures it causes your glasses to fog up when u get in. Plus with the dusty air we have here, it is constantly dirty, I can get away with white for at least 3 days, hehe. Glad I didn't order the spoiler, doesn't look too asthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
While I don't want the spoiler on, I did not get the "Spoiler Delete" option because I want to have it, possibly for eventual resale. I asked if they could just deliver it unattached in the trunk, but they said no. I will likely remove it myself when I take delivery and stash it away.

Tom

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
bernhtp said:
While I don't want the spoiler on, I did not get the "Spoiler Delete" option because I want to have it, possibly for eventual resale. I asked if they could just deliver it unattached in the trunk, but they said no. I will likely remove it myself when I take delivery and stash it away.

Tom
Wouldn't it better to do it the other way around Tom?! I mean it might cost you a little more to get a spoiler from the dealer's parts dept (and have it painted) but at least you don't risk damaging the car whilst trying to remove a factory fitted one.

I wonder how they are attached. If they are screwed on, won't you have a problem with holes if you remove the original?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Tom

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
bernhtp said:

Tom
Whats the possibility of ordering the w/out the spoiler ON the car but asking them to still include it like maybe throw it and leave it in the back of the boot?

·
Registered
559 Posts
EBMCS03 said:
Whats the possibility of ordering the w/out the spoiler ON the car but asking them to still include it like maybe throw it and leave it in the back of the boot?
The parts department of your dealership will be happy to supply you with the part(s), but the factory won't.

Best regards,

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Spiroman said:
The parts department of your dealership will be happy to supply you with the part(s), but the factory won't.

Best regards,
Ya parts dept will do it for a price... when its suppose to come with the car. I guess it seems like the best option is to get it with the car and then remove it afterwards.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Does anyone have or recall seeing pictures of interlagos blue with the spoiler? I am leaning toward not deleting it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts