BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced 10 bosch injectors not because i have running problems but due to the age and potential hydrolock, its more time consuming with the stripping and cleaning ready to take the new parts, I used a very very light motor oil and tiny amount on the orings when inserting, and do one side at a time, note the new injectors come with the correct orings top and bottom, i also replaced the retaining clips with new BMW ones, really cant believe the diffrence in power, acceleration nearly caught me out non m mode standard map loaded, as wasent expecting any change really, but really is a whole lot smoother inc idle

Anyway heres a link to the ones I fitted http://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/13647834893-MFG14.aspx

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
That's interesting, I never gave much thought to it, but I suppose it makes sense that injector performance would degrade over time. I wonder if it's from degrading electrical characteristics or mechanical?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just replaced 10 bosch injectors not because i have running problems but due to the age and potential hydrolock, its more time consuming with the stripping and cleaning ready to take the new parts, I used a very very light motor oil and tiny amount on the orings when inserting, and do one side at a time, note the new injectors come with the correct orings top and bottom, i also replaced the retaining clips with new BMW ones, really cant believe the diffrence in power, acceleration nearly caught me out non m mode standard map loaded, as wasent expecting any change really, but really is a whole lot smoother inc idle

Anyway heres a link to the ones I fitted http://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/13647834893-MFG14.aspx
Interesting. What year is your ///M and how many miles do you have currently?

·
Registered
155 Posts
To JColley's point; Take resistance readings on the old injectors and post your data. Hopefully, in the near future someone will read this and decide to purchase new injectors and will take resistance readings prior to plugging them in. I'm curious to compare your values against new injector values.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me its not about resistance these older m5 e60 injectors have been known to stick open and hydrolock damaging your engine, you are saving nearly $1000 dollars and thats not vs bmw pricing, asking me to check resistance on the old vs new is a complete waste of time, its flow rates that decline and the locking open is mechanical, and from past experience having them cleaned and flow tested is another waste as normally leads to dripping injectors and poor starting, so always fit new and put it to the top of any list! Forget testing old one you either choose to do it or you dont simples..

·
Registered
155 Posts
For me its not about resistance these older m5 e60 injectors have been known to stick open and hydrolock damaging your engine, you are saving nearly $1000 dollars and thats not vs bmw pricing, asking me to check resistance on the old vs new is a complete waste of time, its flow rates that decline and the locking open is mechanical, and from past experience having them cleaned and flow tested is another waste as normally leads to dripping injectors and poor starting, so always fit new and put it to the top of any list! Forget testing old one you either choose to do it or you dont simples..
Oh, my bad. I thought they still made injectors with internal solenoids.

So, help me out. Why does these things stick open? Faulty coils? Faulty return springs?

Which injectors are in these S85's anyway, Pintle or disc?

Thanks for the lead on the new injectors...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Good gosh those are cheap. Here I am looking at a set of four Injector Dynamics ID1000s for my WRX at $480.00 a set.....

·
Registered
45 Posts

....take the new parts, I used a very very light motor oil and tiny amount on the orings when inserting, and do one side at a time, note the new injectors come with the correct orings top and bottom, i also replaced the retaining clips with new BMW ones, .......

So, beside new OEM BOSCH injectors, is also worth to replace the Clamps and O-rings?

Are those OE the right one?
10x OE Clamps -> 13537528539

2x 10pic OE O-rings-> 13647675557 and 13641437474 (13641437476 )

no.7,8,9

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As per my original post you dont need to buy the orings the come with the injectors, so if you want anything extra just buy the metal injector clips and you can get these from your local bmw dealer

·
Registered
252 Posts
RMEuropean indicates that it only has 2 injectors in stock, which won't do much good for S85s. Hopefully more will be back in stock soon. (Or maybe they just had a bunch and wanted to get rid of them so they sold them cheap and won't be getting any more.)

Just for the heck of it, I checked Rockauto.com. Their price for the Bosch 62425 injector is $75, once again reinforcing what a sweet deal it is for a set for $35 each. More Information for BOSCH 62425

·
Registered
252 Posts
I decided to Google "Bosch Fuel Injector 13647834893" and found multiple hits with prices in the $39-$40 range. So $35 per injector is probably the cheapest price for these injectors, but it's not exactly a smoking deal when other vendors are only about $5 more per injector. (Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to save $50 if I could, but the price isn't cheap enough that I'd want to buy the injectors now to sit on them for a couple of years--my M5 only has 38K miles on it and I'll probably wait until I do the rod bearings to do the injectors.)

https://www.google.com/search?q=BOSCH+Fuel+Injector+13647834893&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=BOSCH+Fuel+Injector+13647834893&safe=off&tbm=shop

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Depends on your skill level. You have to pull of the plenums and fuel rails. It is not that big of a deal in my opinion. If you work on your own S85, you have a to get really good at pulling plenums and putting them back on. So, start practising. LOL!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Depends on your skill level. You have to pull of the plenums and fuel rails. It is not that big of a deal in my opinion. If you work on your own S85, you have a to get really good at pulling plenums and putting them back on. So, start practising. LOL!
I started with about 2 hours for both as I took my time and I have back pain, now it takes me 20 minutes for both to be done :flag:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts