BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I recently did an upgrade at my car's brakes.The BMW M brake discs has more strenght at the hard use from other after market discs and the basic problem is at the brakes callibers.I bought new porsche 997 GT2 front six bistons callibers and new porsche 996 GT2 rear four bistons callibers,new porsche brake pads,brake fluid motul RBF-600,new brake steel lines hoses,new porsche brake sensors pads and i made adaptors from aluminum aircraft type.The brakes calliberes colour was red and i only replace the porsche sticker with a very thin ac schnitzer one and paint above with non colour polish.The brakes are very different and better from before,the car stops very smooth and they have a lot of strenght at track days.<script id="gtbTranslateElementCode">var gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded;(function(){var lib = null;var checkReadyCount = 0;function sendMessage(message, attrs) { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); for (var p in attrs) { data.removeAttribute(p); } for (var p in attrs) { if ("undefined" != typeof attrs[p]) { data.setAttribute(p, attrs[p]); } } var evt = document.createEvent("Events"); evt.initEvent(message, true, false); document.dispatchEvent(evt);}function checkLibReady (){ var ready = lib.isAvailable(); if (ready) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : false}); return; } if (checkReadyCount++ > 5) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : true}); return; } setTimeout(checkLibReady, 100);}gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded = function () { lib = google.translate.TranslateService({}); sendMessage("{EVT_LOADED}", {}, []); var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslate", onTranslateRequest, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateCheckReady", onCheckReady, true); data.addEventListener("gtbTranslateRevert", onRevert, true); checkLibReady();};function onCheckReady() { var ready = lib.isAvailable(); sendMessage("gtbTranslateLibReady", {"gtbTranslateError" : !ready});}function onTranslateRequest() { var data = document.getElementById("gtbTranslateElementCode"); var orig = data.getAttribute("gtbOriginalLang"); var target = data.getAttribute("gtbTargetLang"); lib.translatePage(orig, target, onProgress);}function onProgress(progress, opt_finished, opt_error) { sendMessage("gtbTranslateOnProgress", {"gtbTranslateProgress" : progress, "gtbTranslateFinished" : opt_finished, "gtbTranslateError" : opt_error});}function onRevert() { lib.restore();}})(); (function(){var d=window,e=document;function f(b){var a=e.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];a||(a=e.body.parentNode.appendChild(e.createElement("head")));a.appendChild(b)}function _loadJs(b){var a=e.createElement("script");a.type="text/javascript";a.charset="UTF-8";a.src=b;f(a)}function _loadCss(b){var a=e.createElement("link");a.type="text/css";a.rel="stylesheet";a.charset="UTF-8";a.href=b;f(a)}function _isNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)if(!(a=a[b[c]]))return false;return true} function _setupNS(b){b=b.split(".");for(var a=d,c=0;c<b.length;++c)a=a[b[c]]||(a[b[c]]={});return a}d.addEventListener&&typeof e.readyState=="undefined"&&d.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){e.readyState="complete"},false); if (_isNS('google.translate.Element')){return}var c=_setupNS('google.translate._const');c._cl='en';c._cuc='gtbTranslateOnElementLoaded';c._cac='';c._cam='lib';var h='translate.googleapis.com';var b=(window.location.protocol=='https:'?'https://':'http://')+h;c._pah=h;c._pbi=b+'/translate_static/img/te_bk.gif';c._pci=b+'/translate_static/img/te_ctrl3.gif';c._phf=h+'/translate_static/js/element/hrs.swf';c._pli=b+'/translate_static/img/loading.gif';c._plla=h+'/translate_a/l';c._pmi=b+'/translate_static/img/mini_google.png';c._ps=b+'/translate_static/css/translateelement.css';c._puh='translate.google.com';_loadCss(c._ps);_loadJs(b+'/translate_static/js/element/main.js');})();</script>

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Like the red calipers...so lets get this right...you used the same discs all round and just replaced calipers plus pads and extras any details on how easy hard this was?

Personally would have kept Porsche name on them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt replaced the discs.I left the original M5 and i only changed the brake callibers!!To fit the callibers at the discs,the front callibers need to be little changed and the rear nothing.But it needs a lot of detail and hard job to make the adaptors!Gustav the brakes are amazing!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Would the machine shop you used produce these caliper adaptors for sale?

I've used Porsche brakes before on many cars and love them. The adaptors are the hard part to source.

You could PM me if you like.

Regards

Jay

·
Registered
311 Posts
What a great idea... But it seems costly!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I agree, great modification and it looks great! Hope that BMW puts caliper covers on the F10.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great mod! I'm curious what made you decide on the specific calipers you used. Why did you choose 996 GT2 calipers for the rear and 997 GT2s for the front? Was it due to the ease of adaptation? I'm not too familiar with the specifics on the Porsche calipers.

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
Μπραβο αδελφε,

Εξαιρετη δουλεια. Εμενα το big brake kit Brembo 405 εμπρος με 6πιστονα και 380 πισω 4πιστονα μου κοστισε με τα περαστικα ( λιαν φιλικως ) 7000 Ευρω. Ειναι βεβαια καταπληκτικα.

Μου αρεσε πολυ η ιδεα σου.Μπραβο.

TRANSLATION.

Congrats brother,

Excellent work. My Brembo BBK 405-380 cost 7000 Euros and is of course amazing.

I really liked your idea. Bravo.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great mod! I'm curious what made you decide on the specific calipers you used. Why did you choose 996 GT2 calipers for the rear and 997 GT2s for the front? Was it due to the ease of adaptation? I'm not too familiar with the specifics on the Porsche calipers.
yes it was due to the ease of adaptation.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Μπραβο αδελφε,

Εξαιρετη δουλεια. Εμενα το big brake kit Brembo 405 εμπρος με 6πιστονα και 380 πισω 4πιστονα μου κοστισε με τα περαστικα ( λιαν φιλικως ) 7000 Ευρω. Ειναι βεβαια καταπληκτικα.

Μου αρεσε πολυ η ιδεα σου.Μπραβο.

TRANSLATION.

Congrats brother,

Excellent work. My Brembo BBK 405-380 cost 7000 Euros and is of course amazing.

I really liked your idea. Bravo.
Ειμαι ο Αλεξης,κατοικω στην Πατρα,δεν μπορω να σου στειλω προσωπικο μηνυμα γιατι εχω λιγα post.
Σου ευχομαι καλη χρονια με υγεια σε εσενα και την οικογενεια σου.

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
Ειμαι ο Αλεξης,κατοικω στην Πατρα,δεν μπορω να σου στειλω προσωπικο μηνυμα γιατι εχω λιγα post.

Καλη χρονια Αλεξη και απο εμενα. Ειμαι ο γιωργος και κατοικω στην Θεσσαλονικη. Υγεια πανω απο ολα.

Και ο Θεος να βαλει το χερι του για την χωρα μας.:crying:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Καλη χρονια Αλεξη και απο εμενα. Ειμαι ο γιωργος και κατοικω στην Θεσσαλονικη. Υγεια πανω απο ολα.

Και ο Θεος να βαλει το χερι του για την χωρα μας.:crying:
Happy New Year!!!

George your brakes are very expensive ,but it is also for congratulation!!!
Aris Larissa Greece

1 - 20 of 26 Posts