BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hows it going..today i was driving my car and the a/c was working fine and then it started blowing hot hair "no ac" so i check to see in the idrive setting to make sure the bars were on cold and they were . so i figured maybe it was missing some freon so bought a can at auto zone and put a little and the ac started working.. so i start driving and noticed ac went of again.. so as i drive ac goes on for like 10 min and then goes off.. i was told it was maybe a relay but ive looked everywhere and nothing . have u guys had a similar issues like this ? need ur help

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are several things. Don't just put freon in the system, unless you have a gauge to see what the suction (low) side is reading. If you system is a little low, you could be having a situation, were the evaporator coil is freezing up. Water basically turning it into a block of ice. Then no air flow can be made thru it. Make sure the drains are all clear, and the unit can drain off the water from the evaporator. You should see water running down by the transmission. The system has several monitors / sensors, so low freon, high freon, outside air sensor could be bad, (car thinks its too cold out) and the interior temp sensors all play a part. Best bet is to go to a indy, were they can test all the components, unless you have DIS.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took the car to my local indy shop they put the ac machine everything seems fine for now......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts