BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!
I decided to tell you about interesting project in Kyiv, Ukraine. Guys from Turbo-Garage install turbocharger to M5 e39.

the very first engine start

Here is the forum of Turbo-Garage, dedicated to this project (in russian)

So, this M5 has 600 hp and has to have aprox. 700 hp after setup ant tests (delay becouse oа weather). It was built as 100% city car, so all settings of overboost were made for negine long life.

If you have questions, I'll try to ask Turbo-Garage for you:)

BTW, the owner of Turbo-Garage has seted the quoter-mile record in Ukraine in RWD class on this:

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
i believe SnizM3 posted a topic on this, already. awesome projects.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Great post, KGB.

Looks like an awesome car - that may be the best looking, best executed, and most reasonable M5 engine project I have ever seen.

Srozhdestvom Kristovym,

Steve
00 M5
84 911
64 Corvette Coupe

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
i dont see a video, nor do i see dyno chart, or anything indicating it runs "right"...sooo you see where im going with this.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Looks good but I have to agree with tradin1...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
hmmm, I saw a video of it and heard him reving it with the engine twisting in the engine bay. Looks real to me.

KGB, what is the little red light or guage near the passenger side Cabin filter housing? It looks like a tachometer of some sort or perhaps a boost guage?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Guys I dug up the dyno chart from deep within that forum. Looks legit to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
lol, I can make a sweet dyno chart like that too with MS Paint and mine will have more power.

Reactions: mfizzlenyc

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Guys I dug up the dyno chart from deep within that forum. Looks legit to me.
It does look quite legit, but I call BS. The power curves don't intersect at 5252! hiha

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very funny, guys.
There is a snow outside, so the beast wasn't tested yet on the road. There was many difficulties "to teach" original DME how to manage turbo-S62. The real problem is VANOS management, so the project is not finished for 100%. I'll let you know the dyno info asap and it will inspire you for more funny jokes :)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Very funny, guys.
There is a snow outside, so the beast wasn't tested yet on the road. There was many difficulties "to teach" original DME how to manage turbo-S62. The real problem is VANOS management, so the project is not finished for 100%. I'll let you know the dyno info asap and it will inspire you for more funny jokes :)
Good to hear! Few have been successful turbocharging the S62 so I understand it is a monumental task. Good luck to those involved and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I like turbo. I want turbo S62.

Reactions: 6SpeedDave

·
Registered
380 Posts
Turbo? lol wut?