BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 M5 Silver/blue with black . 67,900 miles , $20,300 .I purchased the car from an associates g.f. , she ordered the car new . Dare I say she is in her mid fifties . You are welcome to speak with her . She maintained the car at the BMW dealer . The service record file is half an inch think, copied onto new copy paper . I purchased with the intent of giving it to my French g.f. Apparently we had a translation issue or :hihi: ? She cannot drive a manual . A friend dove it from Los Angeles to Albuquerque and maybe put on another 200 miles . Not her ! I replaced the lower link bushings ,changed the oil and installed new tires (100 miles). I am not a BMW expert but my friend is , he is the former service manager of my local dealer who recently took a position with Rick Hendrick and Boris Said at their new dealership in Ca. He drove the car for a few days and said it is fine . I am a paraplegic which is why I do not keep the car for myself . I owned the local Mercedes,Porsche,Audi,Land Rover collision shop for many years before my accident.I have owned my share of cars , including many Ferrari',Porsche', etc . Daytona, Dino ,930 etc blah blah . I looked at many whipped M5's before purchasing this one . Link to pics ,page two.. Flickr: Kyle Gowen Jr's Photostream

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
links , frt

Because my 745i that I have owned since new needed links at 65k , so I assumed the M5 would have a similar need..I have owned a German collision shop since I was 20. I like to replace things before they fail , as they tend to take out other components when they fail..I suppose the real answer is , I am a fanatic when it comes to automotive maintenance . I grew up on a farm , where one fixed things before they broke .
Why do you ask? !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts