BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,:1zhelp:

What a great site, I found it through the Total BMW article on the M5 this month.

I'm selling a rather nice Imola Red E39 with Black Nappa 2000 W with 54k (Sat Nav model) More details if anybody wants it on request.

I need to fit new front discs as the inner edge, as seems to be common is causing brake shimmy from speed. Before I go to my local BMW dealers parts counter and order a pair, do you have you guys, A/ Advice on a better place to source, and B/ Any prefered options taken by owners instead of the standard items? Rather fit what the next owner wants etc.

Thanks,

Ed (UK)cherrsagai Happy St Patricks Day!!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
How do you know it is the rotors???

More commonly it will be the thrust bushings. Do a search on that.

Bummer to find the site AND be selling!

A

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a dealer in Classic and Sports cars. I've had a few of these (As I only buy what I like, so V8 or Porsche!!) The car has just had an Inpection II at the BMW dealers who have always looked after it. They advised me that it was the discs/rotors.

Its fine under town driving, but as soon as you get up to motorway speed it judders under braking until speed is scrubbed off to 50mph(ish) and then she's fine. And yes it is a shame to be selling as such a nice one, but I can't keep them all!! :(

·
Registered
543 Posts
I used Zeckhausen racing. Dave is a top notch guy, great service, and I put centric rotors, ss lines and Axxis Ult pads on all 4 wheels for under $1000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great Kmac, but I'm in the UK so think the salt damage on the drive over might be an issue?

At under £500 for all that I would be very pleased if it was over here!

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts