·
Registered
7,933 Posts
please delete these nonsense threads.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Come on a bit of humour dont hurt:biggrinbounce:

I have dispensed with a chipped 99 subaru impreza on the ring and a 2001 in my e34 on many occasions in the past. Conditions and individual cars vary:M5launch::M5launch:

Reactions: Phlem5

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Who will win?
Standard Scooby Sti vs Modded M5 (chip only)...:confused2

Your thoughts....

Oh yes its great fun! These are my favourite threads, because one learns which cars are faster in real life first hand from fellow board members / enthusiasts/M5-owners etc!!

I don't know the first thing about japanese cars , but think the answer is simple:

So, is it a GCGFGM - EJ20 2.0 Turbo/ 2.0 GT/ 2.0 GT Turbo (Japan 245-282 , eur 211 hp) STi JDM/EDM (280 hp), RA JDM/EDM/ Series McRae / Catalunya/RB5/Prodrive 1 / 22B/ 555 / Terzo or STi Mk2 (218hp), or a GDGG - EJ25 WRX / WRX STi JDM/EDM or a GEGH WRX/WRX STi / WRX JDM/EDM WRX STi JDM?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would say STI, but if the race starts at 60mph (~100kmh) it might be better for you as you do not have power sucking AWD and are geared better.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Depends on the driver...I out driven many kids with faster cars, because they lacked the testicular fortitude to drive.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This is one great catch phrases you don't see often !......."testicular fortitude" :1:....I must add that to my rather limited vocabulary...:thumbsup:.

Thanks Bob !
Haha...Erik beat me to it! I learn something new in this board everyday! Maybe Sabine can comment on that phrase! OT. My brother, who just traded in a Cooper S for a Honda S2000, let me drive his S2000. I was impressed with the VTEC screamer! Suddenly I want something light....of course a backup to my M5.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
You see all those Scoobys & Mitsi's circulating round the Nordschliefe
displaying their "Testicular fortitude "
Round & round they go...
Will they complete the lap...
Nobody knows !

Mitsi-scooby = Italian for "been off @ the Ring"

·
Registered
341 Posts
Give me a couple of weeks and I'll let you know:1:

My good lady has just chopped in her 2001 Audi S3 for a 2003 Impreza WRX Sportwagon with the Prodrive Performance Pack - it lifts power pretty substantially - there's a write up here;

http://www.topgear.com/drives/E3/A1/roadtests/27/01.html

It's a hoot to drive but I know which of it and my M5T I will ultimately choose :cool:

Sharkfan

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi there all, cant really answer this question properly but it might help

I drive a modded 200bhp integra type R engined honda civic 5dr, (bit of a sleeper, looks like a grandad wagon but will hit 60 in about 6.5 secs) i tussle with scooby WRX's all the time and keep up with them to 80ish after that im eaten,

After spending a bit of time driving our Andys 3.8 over the past few weeks, it eats my car for breakfast, and is a more entertaining drive.

My mate drives a WRX, STI, PPP on an 05 plate which is terrifyingly quick upto 100mph, after that it peels off a bit compared to the M5 which seems to keep on climbing until you get scared of the fast pedal.

Sharkfan, hows it goin long time no speak, hows the work on the touring doing

Best regards

James

·
Registered
944 Posts
i raced an evo 8 fq340 from 30mph to 130 mph in my stock e39 m5 and we were even all the way,not sure how much faster the e39 m5 is compaired with the e34 m5?.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts