BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I just returned from my M5 Driving Experience this past Thursday and Friday. What a great time!

We were fortunate enough to have the Product Manager for the Z8 there with us. We got into some good conversation on the Z8. He was attending the event in preparation for planning a Z8 Driving Experience when the time comes.

We also had a German engineer from the M Division at our dinner one evening. Needless to say, he got an earfull from the group on such topics as ... oil consumption.. which is the correct oil..and also on the VANOS issue. He assured me that he would work to get answers for us and would get back with me in a timely fashion.. I have his card with his email address, so I will be bugging the crap out of him if I do not hear back in a few days or so.

Overall, for those of you who have not attended the event yet... it is LOADS of FUN! The M5's used in this event catch alot of grief ... mostly on clutches, brakes and tires!

I will let you all know once I hear back from the M guy on the oil and VANOS issues...

oh, by the way... they have a prototype 2001 M3 there... we did not get to drive it, but did get to inspect it close up.. I will post pictures of the M3 and the event when I get a few minutes for all to enjoy!

later..

Andy M.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Andy,

Look forward to seeing your pics. I'm heading down this Sunday for my slot on the 13th and 14th.

Tom
'00 Anthracite/Caramel

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Looking forward to the pics!

Question: Hows the weather there this time of year? I'm debating if I want to try to go in the early part of next year (Jan-Feb) or wait until spring.

------------------
Phil

01 M5 SilverStone due 12/00

1 - 3 of 3 Posts