BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today in Phx, Az:1zhelp:

About 2 weeks ago I drove it throguh a puddle that had a large hole in it which cause it to be deeper than expected. Took on like 3 quarts of water into the engine. Its been in the shop at N. Scottsdale where they replaced the airbox and changed the oil 3 times. They said it was good to go. Guess not. As I was driving some guy roles up to me and is like "your f*in car is on fire!!! i pulled over and it burst into flames...lots of fire and mini explosions. Was quite a show.

SiN.cherrsagai

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Words fail me. This reminds me of Ford exploder episodes of 1999 and 2000. Wow, that thing got burnt like someone put fuel on it!!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Holy crap is right. That car was HOT! Any like others are asking...WTF happened? Anybody have some thoughts on who would retain liability for something like this? Is it BMW's responsibility to stand by their repairs, which obviously failed, and replace the car, or is it the owner's insurance company's responsibility to give him less than it will cost to reasonably replace his car (slight smack at insurance companies in there)?

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Ouch. I liked those blacked out wheels you got ;) So another person actualyl spotted your car on fire before you ntocied it? Not slowdown in power or similar?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ouch. I liked those blacked out wheels you got ;) So another person actualyl spotted your car on fire before you ntocied it? Not slowdown in power or similar?
I had just felt something about .5 miles before and was liek wtf and the increased emmisions thing came on and I was about to pull off when he came up next to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
it would not open so the Fire guys tried to pry it open to put some water in there. lol, i caught myself actually going to click the button for teh trunk.....rofl

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Well, that's what eventually happens to sinners!:eek:

J/k - couldn't pass on the obvious pun!

I/m really sorry for what happen. It's awful!! Glad you're OK. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sorry to hear that. The wheels and rotors seem salvageable. :) :) What does the insurance freaks have to say about this and the dealer who did the work? By the way, what color was your car prior to the new paint scheme? :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow! I can't believe that!
It looks like you were on the 101 northbound between Raintree and Cactus, right outside my office.

So sorry to see that, who did you work with at BMW NS?

Hey, at least it wasn't an SMG faliure!!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
i cant believe my eyes

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I had just felt something about .5 miles before and was liek wtf and the increased emmisions thing came on and I was about to pull off when he came up next to me.
Increased emmisions!! Understatement of the year!:rofl:

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Well, guess my usual question has been answered, The drive train is NOT ok !!!!

Sorry, hope you get all the $$$$ and then some more.....

1 - 20 of 82 Posts