BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while im driving my M5 and reach home, i usually take off the seatbelt, as soon as i get to the garage while driving extremly slow, the car start to do that "DING" noise which is understandable, but the car stops, the noise is still there, i put it in "N" and the "DINGING" still persists! WTF? the only way to make it stio is to turn off the car completely, does this have anything to do with the setting?

i'm mostly annoyed by the fact the sound is still ringing even when the car is idle. my friends E60 530 doesn't have that problem. :grrrr:

help!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The seatbelt warning is a lot more annoying than the one on the E39 but I find myself wearing the seatbelt all the time just to shut the [email protected] thing off - which is no bad thing. I guess this is what they call progress :wroom:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I asked the dealer to remove the dinging noise but they refused and anwsered that it was illegal !!

·
Registered
164 Posts
The 120d I got was the very first one the dealer had and was aleady specced (exactly the spec I wanted though: no I-drive and Sapphire Black). It had this optional seat belt warning for R300. Which isn't alot of money, so I didn't mind. But man does the constant ding ding ding ding..... piss me off. Especially when someone drives with me who doesn't know the car and we are doing like 10km/h in a shopping mall parking area and they already take their seatbelts off. Makes me feel like an idiot to ask them to put it back on again ouich

·
Registered
766 Posts
Must be a non-US thing...we've had electronic nannys for all sorts of things for years. I guess we got used to it(except for that stupid 'accept' screen) !The first thing I do upon entry is turn the key and attach my seatbelt, the last things I do are turn the key off and detach my seatbelt. Just like that habit for pressing the clutch, just one more change we have to go thru to enjoy the new beast.

·
Registered
331 Posts
marwan said:
yes but i dont see the point of the seatbelt warning when the car is idle! hmmm
the seatbelt warnings have clearly gotten out of hand. i cannot understand why they cant make it beep once or twice and then leave you alone- my toureg beeps at idle too and even if I am in PARK I have to have my seatbelt on! Even if the doors are open for gods sake. I was hoping the e60 wasnt going to be like this too... :sad1:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I always wear belts, but often buckle them until after the car is started, going and puliing down the driveway. If the car is annoying me during that time, I will certainly find the relevant fuse, chime or wire, and deal with it once and for all.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts