BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heard from the dealer today that our M5 will be delayed nine weeks!!! Some tool that they use when building the M5 and 6-series is brokend! They should build our car week 21, but now week 30! :confused2
Anybody who have heard anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
this is getting ridiculous
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
one thing i am curious about all these delays...

will BMW try to produce more cars immediately after the problem is fixed, to get rid of the pile up? or will they produce the car at the same rate as they did before, and delay all the order after than?

i am asking this because if they don't triple the production rate of the M5, i don't think they'll be able to introduce M5 in North America any time soon in this decade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
I'm not surprised. This is the most technically complex car that has ever been (or hopefully will be) mass produced. There are bound to be gobs of problems. I can virtually guarantee you that there will be issues all over the place for the first year or two of production.

Is that going to stop me from being the first to get one.....

Nope.

(of course, there are some advantages to being in the US).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
phille said:
Heard from the dealer today that our M5 will be delayed nine weeks!!! Some tool that they use when building the M5 and 6-series is brokend! They should build our car week 21, but now week 30! :confused2
Anybody who have heard anything?
OK, here's another possibility. Your dealer is jerking you around. Somebody came up with a 'premium price' for an early M5, and you got bumped. If your dealer is a scumbag, it's possible. If not, then it's bad news for everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
From the word of the BMW greece director he said that they having gearbox problems and should expect my July delivery car in late September due to gearbox issues. I dont know what to expect, I am hanging on to my E46 M3 longer than I should be and each month i loose money. :nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
GeorgeSmooth said:
From the word of the BMW greece director he said that they having gearbox problems and should expect my July delivery car in late September due to gearbox issues. I dont know what to expect, I am hanging on to my E46 M3 longer than I should be and each month i loose money. :nono:
Bad news for everyone. Gearbox problems sound pretty serious. If you're waiting until September, no chance I'll get mine this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
In this context a "tool" could be a machine the size of a small room in a house. It could be that the machine that makes (insert M5-specific part here) is "down," and the part they need to fix it is on back order. Or maybe they are just trying to figure out how to integrate a clutch delay valve into SMG III. :blabla:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wolverine said:
OK, here's another possibility. Your dealer is jerking you around. Somebody came up with a 'premium price' for an early M5, and you got bumped. If your dealer is a scumbag, it's possible. If not, then it's bad news for everyone.
No I don't think so..:hihi: We know him very well and he won't do that..

philip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vndkshn said:
no kidding... they only have ONE of these tools? Sounds like an excuse.
I say the same, that they just have one.
Probably it must be a very speciall tool or machine..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
What I heard from my dealer is that the supplier who delivers the SMG gearbox housing has the casing broken in which the housing is made
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
phille said:
No I don't think so..:hihi: We know him very well and he won't do that..

philip

some know their wife very well and guess what...
:hihi:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top