BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone refer or advise what is the best compound for fusing 2 bumpers together … i think of using 3M™ Panel Bonding Adhesive 08115 , not sure if that the best for me , cut my m5 bumper and riverted x6m bottom part half way , planning on applying compound tomorrow or saturday .
i guess it must be flexible … may be not

·
Registered
31 Posts
Plastic weld, then use 3M semi-rigid plastic repair on the back and 3M EZ sand plastic repair on the front. And use 3M adhesion promoter before applying the plastic repair.

·
Registered
684 Posts
we made mine back in 2012, I paid 600$ for a used x6m pumper and got a used m5 bumper for 450. then got also the plastic parts for the x6m around 150 for all 3 covers. so that's about 1200 in parts, the cost was around 1500 to get it build by ranz. then after 3 mons I got tired of the look, I wanted to also have lip for it so I ad the lip and skinned it in carbon fiber. by then the car when from been silver to white;)

the fog lights was to small on the bumper, so when we build the lip, I got bigger lights for it. was thinking to make mold of the bumper and sale it in fiberglass.

But do to bad customer on m5board who always wanted stuff and when parts ready don't order lol I never got to it.
I dident want to ask people to pay upfront, just the word, when parts ready.

after about 18mons I sold my bumper to a vendor of mine who buys lots of my parts in cananda for 2400 shipped.
the shipping was about 400.

my bumper was the 2nd we build, the 1st ever was on blue 530i, me and ranz came up with the idea, but the blue cars was getting ready for a show, so we put it on that car 1st, then 2 mons later mine was ready.

I am going to build a new custom bumper soon for the e60m5 and also front lip for the oem e60m5 after sema, just need to finish what we doing for sema ;)

I well be back as a vendor in jan2015 for m5board, im just taking some time off, this is why I well not give any price for parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
wow

Undeniable....the dinman option with the CF Bottom Lip is pimp and looks good in my opinion.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
That rear wing is fugly :rolleyes:

Reactions: dinmann

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
ACG LOL, come on now is so 2012. we all loved it back then lmaohiha
is like that hairstyles we all had it at some point in the time, that we hope our mom's would not post it ever hiha
Honestly I had better taste even back in 2012 ;)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Rear wing or whatever it is is hideous. Front air intakes are waaaay to big IMO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

yeah I was told by some people back then that the front intakes where to big. but now over 2 years later look at all the new bumpers bmw is making :cool:
I just cant see myself driving a stock bumper with what 2 3 style of lip on a car that has a 10 year old style.
this is why people keep changing the lip or bumpers. u get people who do 1m or m6 on the e60 cars, now.
or if u ask me I would want to see the m3m4 front on a e60m5 that would be cool to see.
if I was think of keeping my car longer I would done that.
its just to change the car some what bring back the love.
but is not for every one. I am happy that I did it, is done and over now. I have a vorsteiner m5 front now, and the car is getting sold.
getting ready for the next car I want to play with;)

·
Registered
684 Posts
what do u guys think of the head lights on this m5? my friend just got it installed on his car.
I saw the 1st set they had on sema last year, was told they well bring it by summer 2014, then my friend post it that he got it online about 2 weeks ago.
I haven't seen it up front installed but from looks of it, it looks ok to me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 53 Posts