BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Indianapolis Red is a standard (non-Individual) colour here in the UK.

The paint code is WA31.

·
Registered
816 Posts
While we are on the topic of "reds", how does Indianapolis compare with Chiaretto reds? The computer screen pictures are misleading I think.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Millie Miglia said:
Maybe Indianapolis red isn't available on the M5 in the German market.

Millie
maybe, and that's why i think it's odd. especially since there weren't many colours (without going to Individual) available on the M5 to begin with. but i guess that's the best conclusion we can come up with at this point.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Looking through the colors is there the colors for the first dileveries? or some of these color which on the configurator going to be introduced later?

I had the car specs and exterior/interior color, but i iwant the full extended leather, but they told me that i cant get the Full Leather Merino, is that true? What the guy told me that it will be available two month later?

How does the dash look like on the non extended leather , i mean is it black stiched leather on the console and lower parts or is it Rubber?

i need some feedback on that please

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I spent hours on the e39 one...i dont think anything has changed with the e60, thank you for the heads up!

all the best
adam

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
alsahher said:
How does the dash look like on the non extended leather , i mean is it black stiched leather on the console and lower parts or is it Rubber?
It is all high quality textured plastic - looks surprisingly good.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Call me biased but being in the US, "Indianapolis"xxx is just not appealing to me, sorry. I prefer Imola xxx, Le Mans xxx, Interlagos xxx ... or better yet MagnaCour xxx, in honor of BMW's last 1st and 2nd Grand Prix finish. :1:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Just "built" myself a nice saphire black with full merino indianapolis red leather and I'm in love.
Made me forget about all that "Bangle" controversy,I want it and thats how I'm going to spec the car.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm just seeing the upper and lower frames of the German website. Do I need to adjust anything on my computer?

Best regards,

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My favourite combination is Silverstone II with the indianapolis red leather and the aluminium trim. The red leather looks surprisingly good, much better than the silverstone leather we've seen on the early press cars.

But, I have to say that I'm a little dissapointed with the lack of choices available for the M5 from the standard colour palette. Looks like BMW individual will have more E60 M5s to paint and trim.

Millie

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Millie Miglia said:
My favourite combination is Silverstone II with the indianapolis red leather and the aluminium trim. The red leather looks surprisingly good, much better than the silverstone leather we've seen on the early press cars.

But, I have to say that I'm a little dissapointed with the lack of choices available for the M5 from the standard colour palette. Looks like BMW individual will have more E60 M5s to paint and trim.

Millie
I'm still hoping for a wider selection for the US market,wish I could get something like Canna Di Fucile(Ferrari gun metal)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Here is a link to the Individual M5
http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/equipment/individual/index.html

Pick 5er then visualizer M5. Looks like some nice colors there.
  • Diamant Metallic (champagne)
  • Malacthitgrun dunkel Metallic (forest green)
  • Carbonscwartz Metallic (blue/black)
  • Blue Onyx Metallic (navy blue)
  • Sepia Metallic (purple-ish brown)
  • Messing Metallic (gold)
You can also see the DVD system. Looks like 16:9 Alpine monitors - very nice indeed!

One thing I will miss is the two-tone seats. Having different colored inserts really adds contrast to an otherwise monotone interior.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
boostmiser said:
One thing I will miss is the two-tone seats. Having different colored inserts really adds contrast to an otherwise monotone interior.
You can always order the two tone seats through BMW individual. :D

Millie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts