BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
good results bro, but i think the detailer should have done better job in some areas like this

http://www.gulfgt.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2081&d=1272018408[IMG]

it should be more clearer when looked at

example : before :

[IMG]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8985/mrmuscleorangepeelhe3.jpg[IMG]

after:

[IMG]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4359/afterbuffingsr0.jpg[IMG]

excuse my honesty bro but it is for your sake and as long as you like it that what all matters. :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="xxnad201xx, post: 1802255, member: 107235"]3,000 grit paper was used, I plan to keep this car for a long time and would like as much clear as he was able to keep. If we went with a 2000 it would be flat.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, wetsanding to correct the orange peel can possibly remove an unsafe amount of clearcoat. It's also a much longer and expensive process if there is enough room to safely do so. People have different opinions on orange peel - I actually don't mind the look at all. I've come to associate it with the original paint and don't discriminate. In person, a concours level car with factory orange peel still looks perfect in my books. I've seen some detailers wetsand an area without realizing they went below the orange peel level and had one section without orange peel and the rest with it....that's the last thing you want. This is where hiring the right people for the job pays off. Again, you guys did an awesome job, that color is amazing!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am unimpressed since you didn't take the Roundels and M5 badge off and replace them with new ones.

Just kidding. Car looks awesome. I've owned one black car in my life and I never will again. Just too much trouble to keep looking nice.

·
Company Representative for the Bradan Group
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Updated with some before photos. As a new member, I cannot reply to any PMs. To answer most questions. A majority of products used are from Autoglym, detailed by John "lord of the wheel, and was detailed at Bradan Group.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Damn you! Not fair setting the bar so high. :haha2:

I am stunned at the level of effort here. Amazing. :applause:

Can you share with us which products were used? Polishes and protective coats (wax)?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Wow, what a nut! But the car looks great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks Good!!!

Excellent job on the reconditioning!!!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Any shots of the E60 with its seats out and maybe of how you detail the engine bay? Also maybe some shots and explaination of what you do to the wheel wells?

·
Company Representative for the Bradan Group
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Any shots of the E60 with its seats out and maybe of how you detail the engine bay? Also maybe some shots and explaination of what you do to the wheel wells?
Sorry we do not have additional photos to share. Check out the E39 m5 detail there is more information and pictures.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts