BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone appears to be talking about black or interlogos blue, any reason why silerstone doesn't catch people's attention? Incidently I have choosen silverstone as that looked fab at the Paris motor show. I could still be persuded to change if I rally have got things wrong, but only a matter of weeks to change as I'm due delivery in August (2005). cherrsagai
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
How many silver cars do you see on the street? Looking in the parking lot at the office here... a large percentage are silver. Second would be black. I can only see one blue out the window, and it is a darker blue.

I find silver (and silverstone) very boring and bland.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
i like silverstone and i think it is a very very good color for the car. usually many manufacturers pick the best color for their brochure. (may be it looks good, or it photographs well). it cannot be a wrong color.

it is probably the easiest color to live with and maintain.
remember it is just a color and you have to like it everyday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I chose silver gray, but silverstone is also very nice. Many people might have silver cars, but not many have a silver M5. In my opinion, if you like it stick to it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
i think SilverstoneII is a very good colour for the car. though, i think the reason you don't see many people talking about it is because it's more of a subtle colour, and certainly not as loud and obvious as Interlargos Blue.

don't worry, i think your car will look awsome in SilverstoneII. :blink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Silverstone will certainly be one of the easiest colours to live with and it wil certainly not inhibit resale values.

I think the dark v light argument is one of personal preference as long as the colour is sensible (e.g. silver or black will be fine for future value, white or bronze will not be). I have changed my order from silverstone to black, but that was after seeing a lot of standard 5's is darker colours which I think looked better and more agressive than their light coloured counterparts (but that is just a preference).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Well the silverstone II looks good but it's too usuall.. The M5 looks better in a darker colour, more like a monster!! sheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
why not just get a color that you like personally! i am going with white as soon as my dealer calls me and lets me know its time to order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
To be honest it’s your car and should be your choice. Different people - different tastes, therefore personally I would suggest you stick to the color you like not what other people say. For instance I like and will choose black but SilverstoneII is as cool as black one. Enjoy your new toy in the near future :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Silverstone is ver nice, but it's really common color. Authentic BMW must be black :D I would choose carbon black + cinnamon interior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, but markets are different, and I am thinking ahead to what the second hand british market will be looking for. However my wife seems to think that I will never sell this car and I'm sure she is probably right - until the next M5 perhaps???? :cheers:
vndkshn said:
How many silver cars do you see on the street? Looking in the parking lot at the office here... a large percentage are silver. Second would be black. I can only see one blue out the window, and it is a darker blue.
I find silver (and silverstone) very boring and bland.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anglas, you are right, and that is what I have done, but I must admit, now that I,ve seen black and the blue I also really like them. Black is out however as my wife will accept my choice on everything but stops at allowing black -Don't even ask why, it is a sore subject. :M5launch:
Anglas said:
To be honest it’s your car and should be your choice. Different people - different tastes, therefore personally I would suggest you stick to the color you like not what other people say. For instance I like and will choose black but SilverstoneII is as cool as black one. Enjoy your new toy in the near future :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
bmwnewm5 said:
Anglas, you are right, and that is what I have done, but I must admit, now that I,ve seen black and the blue I also really like them. Black is out however as my wife will accept my choice on everything but stops at allowing black -Don't even ask why, it is a sore subject. :M5launch:
If you can't go black, then go silverstone...for the UK market these will certainly be the two safest colour choices
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Virage1, Silver appears to remain a popular in the UK:eek:
virage1 said:
If you can't go black, then go silverstone...for the UK market these will certainly be the two safest colour choices
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Colour is personal but when BMW sat down to choose the colour for the press cars, they decided on Silverstone because it looks best to most people. You've made the right choice. And yes, that's what I'm getting too! :cool2:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top