BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted this on the main forum but its mainly for Toronto guys.

had my Coding done and this is my list.

1. Rolling up windows/sunroof with key by holding lock
2. Folding mirrors with key by unlock and lock
3. Enable Digital Speedometer (km/h or mph)
4. Remove i-Drive Legal Disclaimer
5. added pathway lighting for 30 seconds on my remote by hitting trunk button once
6. removed seatbelt gong for driver and passenger (yes the light is still on the dash for safety)
7. added 1 touch ventilation, if i hit the heated seats, the idrive display now shows both seats and i can adjust more quicker, b4 needed to go into idrive then ventilation then seats.
8. changed speed to accurate speed, b4 was 5kms less than actual.

Some M5's have different modules so 2006 maybe different than 2007 and up.

call Patrick, 647-886-2128 tell him Bobby with the silver M5 had his codes done. $20 per code. cant go wrong. He is in Markham,

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
guys, just got my day time running lights turned off by code, Patrick redid my codes after i had all my software updated by the dealer. he also added traffic to navigation and red light cameras and speed traps came up after coding, pretty cool,

if you havent already done the coding call patrick.

Bobby.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Or you can spend $20 and buy the software and cable from your local friendly Chinese internet retailer.
Then you can change as many codes as you want for $20.
Can't go wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are many local coders in the GTA, I code with the original BMW ICOM equipment not the K+DCAN.
I would highly recommend using some better equipment, than the silly clone cables.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
They work just fine, as evidenced by countless members using such devices on this forum.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wrong, they are only good for diagnostics nothing else.
They are unreliable for flashing DMEs and sensitive modules.
Gotta be BMW branded or else it won't work?
It's gonna brick your DME and then you will be sorry?
It has special non standard CANbus timings that only BMW knows with special silver plated high speed wire?

Strange thing is I just re-flashed my DME with an Evolve cable that they most surely sourced from some Asian vendor.
Car started up just fine.
Guess I was lucky.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe BMW should start using clone cables on their diagnostic bays instead of the ICOM. Cause they're just as good right?
Why does BMW spend loads of money on big companies like siemens to build their ECUs when they could just get it cloned in China? :Thumbdown:

Gotta be BMW branded or else it won't work?
It's gonna brick your DME and then you will be sorry?
It has special non standard CANbus timings that only BMW knows with special silver plated high speed wire?

Strange thing is I just re-flashed my DME with an Evolve cable that they most surely sourced from some Asian vendor.
Car started up just fine.
Guess I was lucky.
You are not flashing the whole DME with the evolve cable at all. Try to load 240E on a M3 with a K+DCAN and report with me your findings.
Plus that stuff is simple, look up a software called WINOLS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been coding cars since the "BETA" software of NCS Expert. I have nearly all the interfaces, that could be used with the EDIABAS suite.
I was coding cars back in 2008 on e90post.com, I have more experience then most people. As I mentioned the K+DCAN is fine for diagnostics, but nothing more advanced.
You can't even get it running properly with the ISTA suite, it hangs and it is slow as hell. (don't even mention the ICOM Emulator to me).
On 2xx bit it always writes a hidden value cause of the way it communicates with the car, this causes a huge problem resulting in a bricked module.

^^Just another leech trying to profit.

Soon enough he'll be banned for not being a paid vendor.
I ain't trying to leech, I am just stating the truth.
There's countless amount of vehicles I've dealt with that needed some sort of "fix" due to wrong dataset (not from https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/) or poor equipment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You are not flashing the whole DME with the evolve cable at all. Try to load 240E on a M3 with a K+DCAN and report with me your findings.
Plus that stuff is simple, look up a software called WINOLS.
FYI I loaded 240E + a Tune on my e92 m3 with a cable in less than 5 minutes. The software as much improved.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had posted this on the main forum but its mainly for Toronto guys.

had my Coding done and this is my list.

1. Rolling up windows/sunroof with key by holding lock
2. Folding mirrors with key by unlock and lock
3. Enable Digital Speedometer (km/h or mph)
4. Remove i-Drive Legal Disclaimer
5. added pathway lighting for 30 seconds on my remote by hitting trunk button once
6. removed seatbelt gong for driver and passenger (yes the light is still on the dash for safety)
7. added 1 touch ventilation, if i hit the heated seats, the idrive display now shows both seats and i can adjust more quicker, b4 needed to go into idrive then ventilation then seats.
8. changed speed to accurate speed, b4 was 5kms less than actual.

Some M5's have different modules so 2006 maybe different than 2007 and up.

call Patrick, 647-886-2128 tell him Bobby with the silver M5 had his codes done. $20 per code. cant go wrong. He is in Markham,
Is this for the F10 M5?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
shahin
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing