BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my garage have just fitted a new clutch and dual mass flywheel and the problem they are having is the clutch is dragging they have also removed the clutch assembly and refitted it with the bmw fitting alignment tool and it has made no differance has anybody had similar problems or sujestions of what to do

·
Registered
298 Posts
mcoupe55 said:
my garage have just fitted a new clutch and dual mass flywheel and the problem they are having is the clutch is dragging they have also removed the clutch assembly and refitted it with the bmw fitting alignment tool and it has made no differance has anybody had similar problems or sujestions of what to do
My SWAGs:

1. Check to see if it is assembled correctly (clutch plate facing the right direction).
2. Did they lubricate the transmission input shaft splines?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sounds like the clutch hydraulic system needs bleeding. This sometimes tough to do when the bleed screw is not at the top of the slave cylinder (requiring removing the slave cylinder and rotating so the bleeder points straight up - also need to clamp the piston shaft when doing this). Also, an air bubble sometimes gets in the line and the clutch master cylinder stroke is not enough to get it all the way down to the slave cylinder, but the bubble doesn't rise fast enough to escape through the master cylinder vent back to the reservoir. BMP suggests a pretty slick way of bleeding in reverse on its web site, using a (very clean) pump oiler to bleed the clutch hydraulic system backwards.

Regards, Dick Roberts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts