·
Registered
159 Posts
yeah that was disappointing.

Listening to it on high volume, sounds like in order:

1. 4.5 seconds in: A stationary rev - quite growly
2. 5.5 seconds in: A small gravely wheel spin
3. 7 seconds in: A gear change
4. from there onwards a driveby (with visual in a dark tunnel) but too fast to have just set off and all i can see it the lights of an F10.... oh and no V10 howly E60 scream ..would like to have heard mine in that tunnel - it would give kids nightmares:eek:h:!!

Come on BMW give us something more!!!!!:nono:

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Its not much but I for one am not complaining...

After all, I did just hear the new M5... even if it was for only 3 seconds. Sounds racy. Like an old F1 car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
they left the wrapping paper on

;)

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
In my opinion this video is nothing. If the car wasn't camo then we would be getting something.

We see much more when watching spy videos at the 'ring.

MORE INFO COMING MARCH 4TH (tomorrow). I hope they give us something more!

·
Registered
15 Posts
time's near

From how the intro for 1M was handled and the time frame to launch, dare I say this summer for the new F10 M5?!

:haha2::haha2::haha2::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
384 Posts
From how the intro for 1M was handled and the time frame to launch, dare I say this summer for the new F10 M5?!

:haha2::haha2::haha2::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Yep yep yep. I'm sure they're going to do some sort of "event" like they did with the 1 series M, sooooooo all you F10 M5 lurkers stay out of the closed room so I can be the only one who signs up for the euro-test drive lovelove Puhhhleeeezzzz hahahahahaha nawwwww good luck all I hope at least one or two of us gets to be in "the chosen few."

-crds

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Dr Kay Segler on the BMW M5 F10 from BMW officially

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="720" height="435" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dNiu1r_PZLE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Segler, have you driven the new BMW M5 yet? What can you tell our readers?

Dr. Kay Segler: We believe the new BMW M5 is one of the most fascinating expressions of the BMW M genes ever seen. A business sedan and an automobile with the emotional density and driving experience of a supersports car.

Many of our customers are highly successful business people who wish to sense the same intensity in their automobile as they do in their lives generally - every second they spend at the wheel. With the same dedication which is so often the secret of our customers' success, our engineers have created an incomparable car.

With the BMW M5 our aim is to make automobile dreams come true - and that means your dreams. Many of those waiting impatiently for the new BMW M5 know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Exciting!

·
Registered
196 Posts
So, from that brief interview clip it sure sounds like they are going to have a similar set up to the E60 M5 in that you will need to push a button to get all of the horsepower. I find that kind of disappointing. If you are going to have 580bhp (or whatever it ends up being) it should be available at all times without having to push an extra button.

That was probably one of the biggest complaints about the previous M5 and M6. In fact, the guys on Top Gear said that it was the most annoying car because of all the selections you had to make to get the full power.

Regardless, I am still interested! Sign me up!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
So, from that brief interview clip it sure sounds like they are going to have a similar set up to the E60 M5 in that you will need to push a button to get all of the horsepower. I find that kind of disappointing. If you are going to have 580bhp (or whatever it ends up being) it should be available at all times without having to push an extra button.

That was probably one of the biggest complaints about the previous M5 and M6. In fact, the guys on Top Gear said that it was the most annoying car because of all the selections you had to make to get the full power.

Regardless, I am still interested! Sign me up!
BMW M will always have the M button. These M cars are created this way. They are meant to be tamed around town, and driver adjustable to suit his needs. So, you can be driving down a straight road, and by pressing the M button the car will select all the presets you choose in the iDrive to turn it into a "race car". That is "M DNA" they call it.. it will always be like that.

I've seen TopGear review.. the first half of it he rants, the second half he loves the car. There is a learning curve with this car, and after you learn, IMO it is the best car of it's category in the market.. I have not found something compareable to the M. I have other fast cars and they are just as enjoyable, but different animals.

Yes the F10 M5 will be the same as the E60 (electronics / M mode / etc ) < in those aspects. But more powerful and efficient.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Has BMW ever referred to the M5 as a businessman's car before this? I'm not sure I like that. I mean the E60 can be a luxury cruiser, but most of us don't buy it for that. Is this a change in the marketing of M cars? Or in the M5 anyway?

·
Registered
283 Posts
M5 closed Room open at m-power

Appears that "The New BMW M" has kicked those of us to the curb who made them successful by now catering to the elite "Business Man." Not that I'm against any successful business people. What a bunch of whooeee! I guess those who drive M-3's are paupers. Don't "flame" on me but, what are they smoking over there in M-land! I pray that they hit it right on the head with the new F-10 M-5. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Good point. It has always been a wolf's in sheepsclothing, I like that. And BTW what is a businessman anyhow :D

Has BMW ever referred to the M5 as a businessman's car before this? I'm not sure I like that. I mean the E60 can be a luxury cruiser, but most of us don't buy it for that. Is this a change in the marketing of M cars? Or in the M5 anyway?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
There is LOTS riding on this new M5 for BMW in the eyes of enthusiasts. Granted there is always the person who buys an M or an AMG just because they want the top of the food chain but I believe that it is people like us they really drive the brand"M" .
With that said this car represents where BMW is going in regards to FI in M motors as it is the first. How well it performs will really be scrutinized.
I expect them to really raise the bar much like the E39 M5 brought a big change to M motors when it was the first V8 to grace an M after decades of 4 and online 6's.
S

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
BMW M will always have the M button. These M cars are created this way. They are meant to be tamed around town, and driver adjustable to suit his needs. So, you can be driving down a straight road, and by pressing the M button the car will select all the presets you choose in the iDrive to turn it into a "race car". That is "M DNA" they call it.. it will always be like that.

I've seen TopGear review.. the first half of it he rants, the second half he loves the car. There is a learning curve with this car, and after you learn, IMO it is the best car of it's category in the market.. I have not found something compareable to the M. I have other fast cars and they are just as enjoyable, but different animals.

Yes the F10 M5 will be the same as the E60 (electronics / M mode / etc ) < in those aspects. But more powerful and efficient.
Having owned an E39 M5, E46 M3 and now an E9X M3 sedan I realize that there will always be an M button. However, only in the E60 M5 does the M button actually make a change to the available horsepower. In all of the other models it has only made changes to the throttle control/ECU and some slight handling changes.

I love the M button in my new M3 and think it is great to have the ability to change multiple settings at the click of one button, however, regardless of what mode the car is in I always have all 414bhp available.

They should just be honest and come out and say that they are putting a mode with less power to increase the fuel economy. Otherwise, I consider it worthless to have to push a button to get access to all the horsepower. I can still drive a high horsepower car around town have it be tame by controlling how aggressive my right foot gets. :)

I recently wrote an article reviewing the all new Lamborghini Superleggera (570 horsepower) and had no problem at all driving the car at respectable speeds around town.

http://http://www.examiner.com/sports-car-review-in-national/first-drive-2010-lamborghini-gallardo-superleggera

1 - 20 of 37 Posts