BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am considering wheels for a soon to arrive M5 E39 in Carbon Black - been looking at the following (in no particular order):

1) Hartge Classic
2) Breyton Magic Racing
3) Kahn RS-C Wheel (2 piece wheel) (photo attached)

I have read many threads on the first 2 options - however nothing as yet on the Kahn's - I would welcome suggestion on all three.

Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
hiphoptrip said:
Hi,

I am considering wheels for a soon to arrive M5 E39 in Carbon Black - been looking at the following (in no particular order):

1) Hartge Classic
2) Breyton Magic Racing
3) Kahn RS-C Wheel (2 piece wheel) (photo attached)

I have read many threads on the first 2 options - however nothing as yet on the Kahn's - I would welcome suggestion on all three.

Thx
In my humble opinion I would also take a look at some BBS rims, as they look quite good on the beast. Since you're probably going for >19" the Kahn might be too "simple".

B

·
0 Posts
19" is the optimal diameter for looks, while 18" is the optimal diameter for performance. For looks, I recommend the BBS LM wheels. They go very well with the e39 design, and are a high-quality product. For performance, I recommend the Dinan lightweight forged wheels.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If I didn't already have the ACS Type III Racing wheels, I would go for the Iforged wheels that are listed in the for sale section for $2500.00. The would look very mean on a black car.:1:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
If you are curious about how the BBS LM's look in 19 inch on a Carbon Black Metallic, you can see several pictures of my car at the Beastpower website, if you click on the BBS LM section. I am very happy with how they look.

It's always a tough choice picking a wheel. I know what you're going through, since I was just through it. Have fun!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Or you can see my Carbon car with the OZ Superleggera III Forged in my gallery......

Roger

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
hiphoptrip said:
1) Hartge Classic
I had a set of 18 inch Hartge Classics on my Estoril Blue e36 M3 Sedan and they received a lot of compliments. That was always a favorite wheel of mine. I think they would look very nice on an e39 as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts