BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see a lot of fakes over here in the south of France, people here are more interested in turning a VW golf into something out of the fast and the furious than buying the real deal.

So when you see another M is quite rare and you are always looking for the tell tale signs that it is not an M.
Yesterday I saw what I thought was a new M5 coming towards me, so I slowed to check it out to see if it was real then I noticed it was also slowing to check me out. We both passed each other looking at each others cars and gave the thumbs up. I have to say the E60 M5 looks great in black.
:cheers:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yeah, I never see e39 m5s around Austin. There are a handful of E60s, but I really have seen maybe 5 e39s since I have lived here (2001).

I rarely get a wave back from BMW owners around here. I think most are in it for the badge as they drive along in their beat e46 3-series. zzzzz

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
When it’s warmer ( waiting :1zhelp:) , I’ll see all kinds in my area, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin DB9, tons of Porsche’s and a few E39 M5’s, but not any E60 M5’s yet :confused:, except for the ones down at the ‘ring…

·
Registered
446 Posts
When it’s warmer ( waiting :1zhelp:) , I’ll see all kinds in my area, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin DB9, tons of Porsche’s and a few E39 M5’s, but not any E60 M5’s yet :confused:, except for the ones down at the ‘ring…
Screw you and your "area."

Kidding!!

I'm just jealous because I MIGHT see a Ferrari now and then, but nowhere near the cool cars I would hope for.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
BMW M5 i nfrance is rare, but in Monte Carlo there are many!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88082&highlight=monaco+stockholm

:M5rev:

You see a lot of fakes over here in the south of France, people here are more interested in turning a VW golf into something out of the fast and the furious than buying the real deal.

So when you see another M is quite rare and you are always looking for the tell tale signs that it is not an M.
Yesterday I saw what I thought was a new M5 coming towards me, so I slowed to check it out to see if it was real then I noticed it was also slowing to check me out. We both passed each other looking at each others cars and gave the thumbs up. I have to say the E60 M5 looks great in black.
:cheers:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
True that!

D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts