BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. It has been a while since I have been on this board but I figured this would be the place to start. My neighbors kid just ran into my front bumper and cracked it in half. He will be paying for it to be replaced. I checked out the pricing for the regular sport bumper and the m5 bumper and the price difference is negligible, plus the m5 bumper is cleaner looking without the bar in the middle of the scoop.

I was wondering if I am missing anything or overlooking anything in replacing the original one with the m5 bumper. I will be using all the existing parts on my bumper and swapping with the new one. I know the brake ducting and mesh inserts are different, but is there anything else? This should be a simple plug and play right?

THanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Should be no problem considering you already know of the brake duct difference. You will probably need to run sinkholes to keep the ducting, but by using part of your grill (where the brake ducts attached) retrofitted to the M5 grill it should be an easier install than what us M5 guys deal with installing sinkholes. We dont have anywhere to mount the brake ducts whereas your grill has mounts pre-installed. Everything else should be as simple as taking off the old one and putting on the new one

Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
555 Posts
just make sure you get the one with the aliens (headlight washers) otherwise you'll have to have them cut holes to keep them. I personally think they are kinda lame, but that's just me... if your model didn't come with them then even better. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up guys. Can I use my existing mesh insert in the scoop area or will I need to get the m5 one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts