BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got word from BMW NA that my silver grey/ indianapolis red M5 was finished on 9/15 completed inspection and is waiting for a Boat.
maybe 3 weeks away from usa!!!!

spoke to spartansburg and they are definately NOT doing the M- driving experiance until '06. bummer.... i guess they want to have more cars in owners hands before they rev it up!
max

·
Registered
100 Posts
max berger said:
just got word from BMW NA that my silver grey/ indianapolis red M5 was finished on 9/15 completed inspection and is waiting for a Boat.

spoke to spartansburg and they are definately NOT doing the M- driving experiance until '06. bummer.... i guess they want to have more cars in owners hands before they rev it up!
max[/QUOTany indication of when in 06 for the m school .i would love to go before delivery of my m5 thanks crg

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Max-
For some reason your name rings a bell... weren't you the first person in the USA to get an E39 M5? Could you set another first?!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a memory! if i wasn't the first it was nearly. i think although i'm the first at my dealer to get one i may not be first in the country. this will be my 3rd M5 and i am loving all the technology on this car but am worried about the SMG.
my last one the e 39 was a phenomial car! i sold it last week in anticipation of the new car. it had 6 years and 110,000 miles on it and it was a beauty.
thanks for remembering.
max

·
Registered
331 Posts
rvacha said:
Max-
For some reason your name rings a bell... weren't you the first person in the USA to get an E39 M5? Could you set another first?!!!

Im hoping that honor will go to me this time. kinggf

its going to be very close between all the week 36's in this area

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I imagine that the first ones will be the week 36 guys in and around the port of NY/NJ. Let me know how you like it.

Tom

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
freddydi said:
Im hoping that honor will go to me this time. kinggf

its going to be very close between all the week 36's in this area
Hum... sounds like its time for a pool... my money's on Max :1:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
rvacha said:
Well, since nobody's on the boat yet, it looks like the week 36 and week 37 cars will all be loaded at the same time. Let's see, that means the week 36 cars will be loaded first, and be on the railcars at the bottom of the pile. The week 37 cars will be pulled off the ship and loaded first, so...:2:

Anyone have a tracking number that registers with one of the cargo boats yet??

·
Registered
331 Posts
rvacha said:

hmm Max is in PA, isnt he?- im a few miles from the port in NJ. Its going to be close, but all things being equal, id say I have a better chance. However, this whole area can be traversed in a few hours. All the New York/New Jersey metro area weeks 36'ers will probably get it on the same exact day.

I will post pics as soon as i get it.

I also have a contact with someone who works at the port where the BMWs come in. I may go visit my car coming off the boat.

My dealer called me two days ago to arrange for me to come sign all the paperwork this week so when it comes in in about 2 weeks i can simply pick it up and goooo

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
freddydi said:
hmm Max is in PA, isnt he?- im a few miles from the port in NJ. Its going to be close, but all things being equal, id say I have a better chance. However, this whole area can be traversed in a few hours. All the New York/New Jersey metro area weeks 36'ers will probably get it on the same exact day.

I will post pics as soon as i get it.

I also have a contact with someone who works at the port where the BMWs come in. I may go visit my car coming off the boat.

My dealer called me two days ago to arrange for me to come sign all the paperwork this week so when it comes in in about 2 weeks i can simply pick it up and goooo

:M5thumbs:
Is your car on the boat yet? Have you been able to get a tracking number update?

·
Registered
703 Posts
BlackBM said:
Anyone know how many M5's can fit on a boat coming to NA??
their vessels can carry between 7500 to 8000 cars each!

·
Registered
100 Posts
desualt said:
their vessels can carry between 7500 to 8000 cars each!
I am going to do some homework on that but i CANNOT believe they can carry more than 500 or so.Didnt a ship sink one time carring audi s?? I am going to look that one up now. 8000cars X 80,000 dollars i think i need a bigger calculator and SHIP . CRG PS Wow i just googled car carrier sinks......3000 cars sink off norway and 4000 off taiwan Wow CRG

·
Registered
703 Posts
Crg said:
I am going to do some homework on that but i CANNOT believe they can carry more than 500 or so.Didnt a ship sink one time carring audi s?? I am going to look that one up now. 8000cars X 80,000 dollars i think i need a bigger calculator and SHIP . CRG PS Wow i just googled car carrier sinks......3000 cars sink off norway and 4000 off taiwan Wow CRG
sorry, just looked at their web site:

Pure car truck carrier (PCTC)

Capable of carrying up to 6000 cars on 13 decks, our PCTCs feature as many as six movable decks that can be raised to accommodate high and heavy cargo such as trucks, buses, tractors and bulldozers. This also allows us to transport special cargoes carried on roll trailers supplied by Wallenius Wilhelmsen. Ramp capacity on these vessels is 200 tons, maximum heights of loads is 6.5 metres and the maximum load per square metre is three tons.

Roll-on/roll-off carrriers (RoRo)

Our RoRo carriers represent the latest developments in maritime design, with a capacity of up to 5,500 cars. For greater stowage flexibility, in addition to cars, these vessels are capable of carrying RoRo cargo, as well as project and heavy lift cargoes. With a maximum load of up to ten tons per square meter, the six decks can accommodate high and heavy and special cargo. Ramp capacity is up to 320 tons, maximum cargo height is 6.4 metres and maximum width is up to 12 metres.

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/productsServices/fleet.jsp

so I should have said between 5500 and 6000 cars

·
Registered
100 Posts
desualt said:
sorry, just looked at their web site: you were alot closer than i was... i am sure our scandinavian friends remember ,there were bmw s aboard crg

Pure car truck carrier (PCTC)

Capable of carrying up to 6000 cars on 13 decks, our PCTCs feature as many as six movable decks that can be raised to accommodate high and heavy cargo such as trucks, buses, tractors and bulldozers. This also allows us to transport special cargoes carried on roll trailers supplied by Wallenius Wilhelmsen. Ramp capacity on these vessels is 200 tons, maximum heights of loads is 6.5 metres and the maximum load per square metre is three tons.

Roll-on/roll-off carrriers (RoRo)

Our RoRo carriers represent the latest developments in maritime design, with a capacity of up to 5,500 cars. For greater stowage flexibility, in addition to cars, these vessels are capable of carrying RoRo cargo, as well as project and heavy lift cargoes. With a maximum load of up to ten tons per square meter, the six decks can accommodate high and heavy and special cargo. Ramp capacity is up to 320 tons, maximum cargo height is 6.4 metres and maximum width is up to 12 metres.

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/productsServices/fleet.jsp

so I should have said between 5500 and 6000 cars

·
Registered
703 Posts
next time try to anwer outside of the
/QUOTE said:
because you make it look like I wrote what you wrote for an answer

thanks

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
max berger said:
What a memory! if i wasn't the first it was nearly. i think although i'm the first at my dealer to get one i may not be first in the country. this will be my 3rd M5 and i am loving all the technology on this car but am worried about the SMG.
my last one the e 39 was a phenomial car! i sold it last week in anticipation of the new car. it had 6 years and 110,000 miles on it and it was a beauty.
thanks for remembering.
max
What did you get for it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
max berger said:

max
Do you get your car with a start button?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts