BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
read in the newspaper today titled "Police cannot follow speeddevil" that on Monday night, the police in Antwerp/Belgium using an unmarked Audi A8 was trying to stop on the highway a speeding BMW M5 with a UK license plate :flag:, but the M5 driver had no intention to stop and started accelerating once he (she?!) noticed a blue xmas tree following him :noSMG: :viking:!
They chased him for 120km (80miles!!) with the Audi driving upto its max of 260km/h (170mph), but the M5 seemingly had the 7MA drivers package, as it kept going faster :wroom:! They lost sight of him after about 50 miles despite keeping pedal to the Audi metal.
Finally, the cops had to abort the pursuit once the M5 most likely crossed the French border. :checkeredflag: :byebye:
They tried to block all highway exits towards the French border but no trace of the M5 anymore...
:goldcup:

·
Registered
931 Posts
The M5 driver was like, WTF a Audi A8 trying to pass me:hihi: okay so lets show him some true V10 ///M-Power:M5rev:

Just hope the Belgian police had a better recording system then these guys:cheers:

M5 E39 with M-Driver Package:cool2:

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Awesome!! :1:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Just like to point out it WAS NOT me! Still not driving due to broken shoulder!

Actually the law here is GREAT! The police HAVE to catch you IN the vehicle to prosecute you :) If you make it home or get away all they can TRY and prosecute you for is not identifying the name of a driver which cariies a MUCH lesser fine :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
article is in Dutch, won't help you much!

from "Het Laatste Nieuws" newspaper

Police force can speed devil did not fly The driver of BMW M5 has given the movement police force Monday night following. During a pursuit of 120 kilometers between shots (in Antwerp) and the French border in rekkem the agents with their fast Audi A8 tried remain in her track of BMW, but that did not succeed them. The Audi gave plankgas up to 206 kilometres per hour to nor cog, but was possible BMW M5 still more rapidly. That carriage obtains speeds up to 300 per hour. As from for the verlood the police force the carriage with Briste number plate from the eye. At and also the border mail in Rekkem, but the speed devil gleef were turned off untraceable. (PLA)

·
Registered
13,470 Posts

Actually the law here is GREAT! The police HAVE to catch you IN the vehicle to prosecute you :) If you make it home or get away all they can TRY and prosecute you for is not identifying the name of a driver which cariies a MUCH lesser fine :)
Probably why I did not get a ticket many years ago :M5thumbs: I moved from Nottingham to the US :byee55amg

·
Registered
153 Posts
If anyone knows the reg of this vehicle via news or local advertising then please let me know. A forum member off PistonHeads had his Black M5 Saloon, Reg LM07DRO stolen the other day and there has been no sightings since its departure. Coincidence?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the crazy thing is this happened while it was freezing way below zero with lots of ice & snow on the side of the highways and with other cars driving... maybe it was the STIG?! :D
I do not condone this behavior (the reason the car did not pull over may be more criminal than just scared of cops) and it does pose a huge risk to other drivers driving moderate due to the weather conditions.
But always funny to hear the cops do not always win when they challenge a V10 ! ;)

afaik, Belgium and UK do not exchange license plate data, and I am not sure if you can read a license plate at 170mph during the night, especially if you cannot get close to the car >:) At least they realized after staring a long time at the quad exhaust they were up against a mighty M5!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

It´s okey stormster, you can tell us, we are your family :goldcup:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the translation is not really accurate ;)

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Dirkies
article is in Dutch, won't help you much!

from "Het Laatste Nieuws" newspaper

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Police force could not catch speed devil. The driver of BMW M5 has given the movement police force Monday night following. During a pursuit of 120 kilometers between shots (in Antwerp) and the French border in rekkem the agents with their fast Audi A8 tried remain in her track of BMW, but that did not succeed them. The Audi gave plankgas up to 206 kilometres per hour to nor cog, but was possible BMW M5 still more rapidly. That carriage obtains speeds up to 300 per hour. As from for the verlood the police force the carriage with Briste number plate from the eye. At and also the border mail in Rekkem, but the speed devil gleef were turned off untraceable. (PLA)

EXACT translation:
the driver of a BMW M5 has given the traffic police the looks on monday night. During a pursuit of 120km between Schoten (in province of Antwerp) and the French border at Rekkem, the officers tried with their fast Audi A8 to keep up with the BMW, but they could not. Despite the Audi going full throttle upto 260 kmh, de BMW M5 still went faster. This car is capable of speeds upto 300kmh. From Aalter onwards, the police lost track of the car with British license plates. Exits and also the border checkpoint at Rekkem were blocked, but the speed devil remained missing.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
few helis can do 200mph but of course they do not have to follow the road. But, how would they stop him at 200mph?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts