BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: M5 beats F430!

JJ M5 said:
I know the top management at BMW SA including ex MD Ian Robertson who is now with Rolls Royce. I also took delivery of the 1st CSL in SA (no 1 of 64). I am not sure what will happen with my car on order. I have a few friends in line waiting.... I also have an M6 on order and hope to get the 1st one in SA. Maybe I will prefer the M6 and sell the 5. Where did you see my car? at Lyndhurst? I took delivery two weeks ago today. I was at Lyndhurst when they delivered the 1st one...sepang bronze with tan leather & light wood trim - belongs to a friend of mine. I still feel that the CSL is more fun to drive and incredible on the track.
Ok, have you specked your M6 yet, I belive they will come in Jan 06. Yes I saw your car at Lyndhurst about two weeks ago. I have two friends who drive Csls they sure are fun but I dont like the spas interior. Whats the Km on your car now? Is it fully runin?

·
Registered
10 Posts

888 said:
Ok, have you specked your M6 yet, I belive they will come in Jan 06. Yes I saw your car at Lyndhurst about two weeks ago. I have two friends who drive Csls they sure are fun but I dont like the spas interior. Whats the Km on your car now? Is it fully runin?
I will probably spec the M6 in august sometime. My km is 1600 and its going for the 1st service tomorrow - computer has picked up that I have been driving the car quite hard since 1000km and it has called for the change of oil. The CSL is a fun racing car for the road and not for everyday driving. The M5 however can be driven everyday and its got all the extra luxury gizmos. The M5 is quicker but on the track there isn't much to beat the CSL. I have driven a Challenge Stradale on Kyalami and I prefer the CSL on the track! I think that the F430 Stradale will be something special but will only be here sometime in 2009. The new V8 M3 CSL will probably be out in late 2007.....a lot to look forward to.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

JJ M5 said:
I will probably spec the M6 in august sometime. My km is 1600 and its going for the 1st service tomorrow - computer has picked up that I have been driving the car quite hard since 1000km and it has called for the change of oil. The CSL is a fun racing car for the road and not for everyday driving. The M5 however can be driven everyday and its got all the extra luxury gizmos. The M5 is quicker but on the track there isn't much to beat the CSL. I have driven a Challenge Stradale on Kyalami and I prefer the CSL on the track! I think that the F430 Stradale will be something special but will only be here sometime in 2009. The new V8 M3 CSL will probably be out in late 2007.....a lot to look forward to.
I am on the list for a V8 M3. I cant wait for the M5. is it as good as they say? My friend who has the CSL also had a GT3 he says the CSL is as good on the track but better on the road.

·
Registered
10 Posts

888 said:
I am on the list for a V8 M3. I cant wait for the M5. is it as good as they say? My friend who has the CSL also had a GT3 he says the CSL is as good on the track but better on the road.
My M5 had its first oilchange today. The engine feels a lot smoother now. The M5 is better than what they say. I have the new V8 M3, CSL & M4 on order too. Will get one of the first when thay arrive. I have driven the 996 GT3 and I prefer the CSL on the road & track. Its easier to drive and more fun. When is your M5 expected? I believe all the 1st orders are on the water.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

JJ M5 said:
My M5 had its first oilchange today. The engine feels a lot smoother now. The M5 is better than what they say. I have the new V8 M3, CSL & M4 on order too. Will get one of the first when thay arrive. I have driven the 996 GT3 and I prefer the CSL on the road & track. Its easier to drive and more fun. When is your M5 expected? I believe all the 1st orders are on the water.
My M5 was one of the first 8 ordered so you can understand my frustration when I see the M5 on the road and don’t have mine yet, they said I will have it in September but I will believe it when I drive out the showroom. I saw a black one in the Melrose arch area it really sounded better than a Ferrari. How does the car sound from the inside? I think you must post a new thread showing your car and opinions for others to share.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts