BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to part with my 2003 Silver / Black M5 with 13,000 miles. Any feel for the current market value? Car is in excellent condition and is located in Atlanta. Only mods are 35% tint and UUC short shifter.

:crying:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but there has been one for sale here locally at the former Audi dealer (now Suzuki). It's an 00, 45k miles, silver/black. Eight months ago they were asking $39k and even ran some picture ads in Autoweek; now it's down to $34k, and still there. I have contemplated offering 30k and putting it in storage, as it is identical to my car, and I would like a backup if anything every happened to mine.

Steve

·
Registered
168 Posts
Who did your window tinting? Are you satisfied? Is it metallic or ceramic? I'm contemplating doing the same with heat reduction my main goal. Sort of necessary here in Hotlanta, huh? 5driver hiha

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
GAS M5 said:
I need to part with my 2003 Silver / Black M5 with 13,000 miles. Any feel for the current market value? Car is in excellent condition and is located in Atlanta. Only mods are 35% tint and UUC short shifter.

You're on the low side of the mileage curve...

54k to 58k private party.

My 2 cents...

Sorry to hear it needs to go.

A

·
Registered
694 Posts
It will take longer if you want Top Dollar which is around $57k At that price someone will usually want that Exact color/Int combo as well as the 4 Options.

Price drops if the Buyer is aware of the Options and wants them all.

If you want to sell it quickly then you have to compete with folks who don't care about getting Top Dollar as they are interested in telling their friends how fast their car sold.

Try Autotrader and Roadfly, then after about 1 week hit Ebay. I have sold about 7 BMW's in the last 2 years thru those 3 avenues...

·
Registered
225 Posts
FWIW, I sold my mint condition, bone stock M3 at top $ price (OVER retail KBB :D) on Roadfly in just 4 days! Didn't even place a local ad. Buyer had been looking all over the country for this exact model/condition/low mileage, and it turned out he lives less than 5 miles from me. How's that for luck?! So, you can sell it quickly and at high dollar...with a lotta luck.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
GAS M5 said:

Gas... send me a PM with details on price and any other options like pdc, sport or heritage interior etc.. cannot guarantee anything but I might be in the market again... all depends on other situations out of my control but I am holding my breathe (as it were)...

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
5driver said:
Who did your window tinting? Are you satisfied? Is it metallic or ceramic? I'm contemplating doing the same with heat reduction my main goal. Sort of necessary here in Hotlanta, huh? 5driver hiha
I"ve heard people complain that metallic or ceramic tint interferes with DVD/NAVIGATION and phone reception. Hope this info. helps

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Beamer_usa said:
I"ve heard people complain that metallic or ceramic tint interferes with DVD/NAVIGATION and phone reception. Hope this info. helps
Ceramic is supposed to solve that problem- in fact that is one of it's main features.... Some product may be sold as ceramic that isn't, or may include metal + ceramic.

metallized film will also interfere with radar detection. Any film will interfere with laser detector if it is in the cabin. No impact on lidatek.

A

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
M5 No Longer Available!

I'm keeping the M5!!!!!

My wife is supporting us getting a 2001 740i sport for daily driving and keeping the M5 for weekend use. I'm a happy man!!!!

:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts