BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

If you own or even are mildly interested in owning an M5, the article in this weeks Auto World is a must read. And I quote "With 400 horsepower and a quarter mile speed of 105, the BMW M5 is the quickest production sedan in the world, but it's still civilized enough for generous comfort and more than 20 miles a gallon on cross country trips".

They regestered a 0-60 time of 5.1sec. I don't know if I agree with that.

Another line, "we love this car, it may be the best all-around car in the world". Here here!

Like I said, you gotta buy the magazine. It is the one with the new Thunderbird on the cover. There is no mention of this article on the front cover though. A stealth article if you will to match the personality of the car.

I guess if you own the car, you already are aware of its attributes, but it is nice to see the media concur on so many of the points we all share.

Mark

·
Registered
417 Posts
You're right, the 0-60 seems a bit slow as does the 105 trap speed. Is Auto World a European or Australian mag? If so that would explain it...published numbers from there are always slow...I used to think it was because they couldn't straight line accelerate their way out of a cardboard box, but I found that many of them are running tests WITHOUT disabling DSC...how silly.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by RaMsEs:
RaMsEs,

Auto world is an American Magazine. In fact, I bought my copy yesterday 8/24 at Kmart of all places. Your right, turn the DSC off.
Perhaps this is for insurance review purposes.

You're right, the 0-60 seems a bit slow as does the 105 trap speed. Is Auto World a European or Australian mag? If so that would explain it...published numbers from there are always slow...I used to think it was because they couldn't straight line accelerate their way out of a cardboard box, but I found that many of them are running tests WITHOUT disabling DSC...how silly.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've read somewhere that it will do 0-100kph in 4.5 seconds.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think the Nowack M5's real strength will prove to be 0-150.

·
Registered
533 Posts
its not distributed very well. you can find autoworld in walmart near the checkout as well as drug stores.

the company that creates checkout displays prolly has a contract with them now that i think about it.

------------------
00' ///M5 Titanium Silver/Caramel
00' Vette convertible NBM

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I got my issue at Barnes & Noble.

They love the car. BTW it AMI Auto World Weekly. $2.49.

"It's the quickest production sedan in the world"

Every auto writer loves this car

------------------
Jim
00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Hey, Jester where were you Friday night. We didn't see you at Davie.

Can you make it next week. We only had two 5's and a couple of 3's. Missing were you, Rick, Marlin, Lear. It would be nice to have a good turn out and someone early to save some spaces.

Hope you can make it next week.

------------------
Jim
00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
331 Posts
Jim-D... I didn't know there was another M meet at the Davie show. Let's try to get atleast 5 M5's there. I would be more than happy to get there early and save some spaces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts