BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it's not . The car is more than 300 pounds (150 kilograms) heawier , but the perfomance of the car is not much worst than in the standard car . The use of protective glass raises the car's centre of gravity compared with the series-production version. Please take into account that the body may therefore roll rather more when cornering or when exposed to severe lateral acceleration forces.
Example :
standart M5 : 0-100 km/h - 5,3 s :M5launch:
armoured M5 : 0-100 km/h - about 5,9 s :M5launch:

:cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bulletprof said:
No it's not . The car is more than 300 pounds (150 kilograms) heawier , but the perfomance of the car is not much worst than in the standard car . The use of protective glass raises the car's centre of gravity compared with the series-production version. Please take into account that the body may therefore roll rather more when cornering or when exposed to severe lateral acceleration forces.
Example :
standart M5 : 0-100 km/h - 5,3 s :M5launch:
armoured M5 : 0-100 km/h - about 5,9 s :M5launch:

wow only 300 lbs heavier!? Is it really armored? My dad used to drive a "lightly" armored Crown Vic for his job and that thing was a boat and a half. I suppose an armored m5 would be a nice step up from an armored 540 though.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Level B4 armouring:

"Security offers protection up to .44 Magnum revolver ammunition and other hand-held weapons in accordance with the official standards of the B4 armouring level"

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bulletprof said:
You must see this ...?????? :confused3 M5 ARMOURED :confused:
I must have it. What do you think ??
I've considered going to poland sometime for vecation, but now i'm not so convinced anymore, if people feel the need to buy armored M5's. :)

Is it just me or does the front look somewhat different from "regular" M5's ??

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Bulletproof, why is yourr 540i bulletproof?

I can understand why our Prime Minister goes around in a 760iL Protection and security a 540i Protection after all tax raises (Sweden), but why you?

The performance must be significantly different from a standard 540i, correct?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bulletprof said:
Yes it's b4 level of armoured , in my 540 i dont have opening rear windows.:confused2
My dad's Crown Vic didn't have any opening windows. Toll booths were a pain in the butt, not to mention they defeated the purpose of the armor since you had to open the door and get out of the car. Toll booth operators always looked at us like we were retarded.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
To Gustav

I love BMW cars and, my dream :rolleyes: is to have Regular M5 especialy e60 but i can't move in non armoured car , it's very dangerous to me and i'm NOT mobster:nono:.

Performance of the car is not significant diffrent from a regular 540.

Performance of my car (taken from Owner's handbook) :

Acceleration :
from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 6.7 sec.
0-1000 m (0-3280 ft) 26.9 sec.

Top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph) (governed)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: To Gustav

Performance of the car is not significant diffrent from a regular 540.

Performance of my car (taken from Owner's handbook) :

Acceleration :
from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 6.7 sec.
0-1000 m (0-3280 ft) 26.9 sec.

Top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph) (governed)

:cheers:[/QUOTE]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts