BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any approximate release dates for either the M5 or M6 in the US? I went down to Long beach BMW and asked and they said for the M5 that it would be late 2005 or 2006. As for the M6 they had no idea..they were assuming it would be later as there is still no official date for the 6-series yet....

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
My dealer said that it is scheduled for Fall 2004 as an 05 model. However, he also said they may be a little ahead of schedule and may produce some earlier. The M6 is supposed to be about six months behind.

He also said it would have a very conservatively-stated 498hp.

Tom

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
get this...

when i purchased my m3...about 2 months before that i went in an put my name on my dealers list for the car...

They swore to me that they were not making a E60 M5....swore to me. Honest to God im so happy that my sales guy that sold me my m5 is back working there...only one that knows what the hell is going on!

·
Registered
330 Posts
one of my "highly placed sources" told me at the F1 GP at Indy that, in the US, it will be March 2005 as an 05 most likely....:rolleyes:

:cheers:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well, I told myself that it will come here late 2004 as 2005 model, then I'll cry because my M5 will look old compared to it. Then i'll have to spend 80,000+ for a new M5 in 2006, once all the bugs are settled and updates are made

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The dealers I have talked to are still in the dark as to when. They say as early as October 04, and as late as spring 06. But they are suspecting a spring to fall 06 release.

Either way... I locked in mine today, first name on the official list at my dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts