BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker of mine just came to work and told me about a Black M5 rear ending a Green 740il in Sunnyvale this morning on way to work. He told me the two seemed to be arguing and everybody was entertained watching them argue. I hope it was nothing major as I am an owner of an M5 as well. So I feel sorry for both BMW drivers. At least it was between 2 bimmers :) I hope they both don't go to the same dealership.

·
Registered
765 Posts
they musta been racing or tailgating or something like that...as a matter of fact, i dont get much appreciation from other BMW owners, but they instantly start trying to prove that their 3 Series is no worse and start racing at ridiculous speeds on public congested roads...i just dont let myself to be irritated or get carried away anymore to avoid accidents...

------------------
SL

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Yeah. Same thing happened with me and a green 740iL. ridiculuos idiot. i was on 280 getting onto 92 east (n my way home) and the guy was STILL tailgating me (i passed him by at about 100 or so on 280), and i took the turn at 90, no problem for the beast, but you see this 740 behind heaving and bucking behind, trying to keep up. and then i decided to take the first offramp so he'd go away. 25 mph turn, and i take it at about 50, he tries the same thing and spun out. i didn't even know it was possibly to turn off ASC on the 7 series. oh well. he was alright (i stopped to check), but his car was a bit f'ed up.

Idiots. The beast is king, don't try

--Dan

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Dan, take care it was raining today don't do anything crazy in this weather, some people around you driving are dumb driving in the rain.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Dan,
isnt it getting to the point of a ridicule, when you have to watch the cars following you and drive accordingly, so to avoid THEM having an accident, because of your actions, not directed towards them?
in fact several times when i saw someone trying to race me in a rear view mirror, i slowed down and let them through just to calm them down and let them think that they won, just to avoid these morons having an accident chasing me in inferior and unsafe cars...sometimes 4 tailpipes provoke unhealthy reaction from other road abusers

------------------
SL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts