BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am awating for an M5 2000 to be delivered sometime in June. Reading some post on the message I board, I am concerned that M5 2000 has too many problems. Also, I heard that 2001 M5 will have more HP+. Do you think I should wait for 2001 M5 or should I just go ahead with M5 2000?
Thanks for any input.

------------------
AlbertM

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just started work as a BMW salesman. The 2001 M5's begin production this summertime. There are NO scheduled changes. (according to the most recent "for dealers only" propaganda)

I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
17 Posts
One way of understanding what changes BMW may make to the 2001 model would be to look at what types of changes, if any, BMW made between the 1999 and 2000 model years. Does anyone know if there were any changes made between these years?

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
They did change the rear view mirror on the 2000 M5. The new ones are oval whereas the older 1999 and earlier M5s had the usual rectangular ones. Also, someone had pointed out before that the Navigation system received a substantial update in 2000.

·
Registered
190 Posts
^^^ WOW... was a new post for each word really necessary?
Clever but stupid way to get your post count up...

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Just some dumb *** being petulant about post count rules. So lazy that he did no searches or he would have found that there is a thread for doing just that. Worst thing is he was trying to post a youtube link to his rocking 535d with its incredible 0-60 time of 5.5 seconds. I don't think he will be back no one seemed to be impressed..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased a 01/00 one owner car last spring and it has been nothing but flawless. No issues, burns very little oil, strong motor. I have made a few of the cosmetic changes to updated headlights and tail lights. I would say with a good inspection and maintenance history you should have no issues with a 2000 model.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, noticed that after I posted. Should have read the dates closer. I can't image why it was brought back either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts