BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and came up with this:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29127&highlight=gills

I love the M3-Style gills and they would suit the E39 M5 perfectly. Unforunately the one in the above thread is also a widened front 3/4 panel. Does anyone sell a front 3/4 panel that is entirely stock except with the addition of the M-Style gill?

Anyone have it? Pics?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
supras car was built with a hamann widebody kit... I have seen another 5 series with the same kit (and it had the gills in it).

Granted it wouldnt take much to make the necessary modifications to the quarter panels to fit those in

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Wow, that M5 in the other thread is one tasteless beast. Looks like he ripped the exhaust off some unsuspecting Civic...
I'm sure if you found an M3 gill a good custom shop could get them into your body panels. Just make sure you take it to a good shop or find panels with gills already, or they will never look right. Interesting idea...
:cheers:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BmwNut said:
Wow, that M5 in the other thread is one tasteless beast. Looks like he ripped the exhaust off some unsuspecting Civic...
I'm sure if you found an M3 gill a good custom shop could get them into your body panels. Just make sure you take it to a good shop or find panels with gills already, or they will never look right. Interesting idea...
:cheers:
I don't want to go through the hassle but this is a great product idea. Someone needs to make it!

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Opposite_Lock said:
I don't want to go through the hassle but this is a great product idea. Someone needs to make it!
I agree. Im sure many E39 M5ers would buy it, especially due to the fact that the E60 M5 now has the M3 gills. I personally think the E39 M5 would look good with these side gills. I however doubt anyone will make them.
Robert

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
FAST 5 said:
I agree. Im sure many E39 M5ers would buy it, especially due to the fact that the E60 M5 now has the M3 gills. I personally think the E39 M5 would look good with these side gills. I however doubt anyone will make them.
Robert
I even saw it on a E34 M5, in one of the Bimmer tuning mags this month. Custom job, also?

Their style is super-ricey and articles sucked, so I don't remember the name of the book.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts