BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, dose anyone know anywhere that i can get the side gills for my E39 M5? I think it would look amazing. If anyone has any info or any pictures on it, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
AFR:M5launch:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
ebay.

It's been done search.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I saw my dealership'd body shop installing the NEW E60 M5 side gills into the E39 M5 sedan. All you'd have to do is ask the parts dept for the part number and have them order it, from Germany. thats how this guy purchased his E60 M5 gills and had them intalled on his E39 M5 car.
Something to think about over the M3 gills. Good luck.
Rob

·
Registered
262 Posts
you're gonna have to cut a hole thru your fender and someday you might regret it.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
That looks bad. Don't do it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
A few years ago there were photos of an E39 M5 (Finnish car?) with the E46 M3 gills installed that were linked here. Unlike the E60 gills which are the wrong shape IMO for the E39, these looked terrific to me, but I was definitely in a minority on this board. I wish I had saved the photos but if you had seen them I'm sure you'd be even more stoked.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't think that gills fit with the shape of the car. Maybe the E60 gills would look better, but I doubt it. Also, wouldn't you be worried about rust where you are cutting into the metal. I would think that that cutting would make the area more prone to rust.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Let me refrain from saying anything too strong, but those gills are really...inappropriate...for the E39 Beast.

The only thing tasteful in the pasted link is gunnar's icon :1:

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
LMAO. It got me thinking what were you talking about then I realized you meant the avatar.
cosioboy said:
Let me refrain from saying anything too strong, but those gills are really...inappropriate...for the E39 Beast.

The only thing tasteful in the pasted link is gunnar's icon :1:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
MINENCE said:
LMAO. It got me thinking what were you talking about then I realized you meant the avatar.
Indeed, I meant avatar, hence the choice for the word 'tasteful' ;-o))

·
Registered
694 Posts
you mean this

·
Registered
512 Posts
What about the "V8" emblem on the C-Pillar, the chrome window frames, and the chrome air dam outline. That whole car is a disgrace to the e39 bloodline.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.